Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Best cheap bar light?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Sorry I know it’s been done before, but what is currently the best cheap light?

Is it the battery packs that are still the week point ?

Where’s the best place to buy?

Ta

1timmy1
    Free Member

I bought my Cree light from Camera King on Ebay and have been happy with it. Also got a difuser lens as well which helps spread the light.

johnnystorm

Torchy the battery boy is doing the classic cree t6 jobs for £20. Rather that than anything else Chinese that may come with shit batteries or a dangerous charger.

grum
    Free Member

+1 for the SolarStorm. Great light – amazing for the money. They were the light everyone on STW was buying for last winter and people are only buying newer replacements now because they’re bored and like buying stuff. 😉

chip
    Free Member

people are only buying newer replacements now because they’re bored and like buying stuff.

Ain’t that the truth, last night ordered the x3 in a moment of madness without checking with the internet first.
    But now regretting it as unlike the x2 which has lots of t’internet praise posted it is hard to find a good word said about the x3.

Anyone know where I can buy the x2 headband separately.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

So the X2 is the way to go then.

Is it just a case of buying as cheap as you can? PP’s link above is a Chinese sellar….

scandal42
    Free Member

Gearbest seem to be genuine

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

+1 for the solar storm, bought mine last year direct from china head unit only and an 8 cell “big” battery had no problems with either and run it on full for around 2/3 hours never had it go flat. Plenty of usable light/spread for off road.
    For £25 its bee ideal.
    I charge it in the garage in the middle of the room away from anything flammable! its never even got warm or given any bother im just cautious!

abductee
    Free Member
    scandal42
    Free Member

Im going on personal experience, genuine product and received in very quick time frame.

rmgvtec
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a safe charger for the x2?

chip
    Free Member

SS charger £19 from mtbbatteries.
    I have ordered one along with a new battery.
    Clicky

richardthird

Gearbest again. Delivering free in 14days at the mo.

The new Neutral White leds are this years thing. Nitefighter BT40s came with quality battery pack, charger etc, nicely retail boxed for about £40.

The new Neutral White leds are this years thing

But are being widely reported as inferior, so who cares if they are on trend?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I have some U2 X2’s from Amazon £14. Been great so far!

I’ve opened my chargers to check for fuses and use safety DIY cut off plug socket.

I’ve ordered an empty waterproof container £8 shipped from China from 2 separate suppliers and will buy a U.K. charger with lcd display and 18650 batteries at full price as I don’t want unbalanced batteries or fires.

richardthird

Widely reported? Where.

Widely reported? Where.

On here – where else matters? 😉

mudshark
    Free Member

I bought one of these for £42 on Ebay and very pleased with it (decent battery), still available I think.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/accessories/lights/front/product/review-one23-ex-bright-1000-front-light-12-46582/

richardthird

BT40s on the bars and matching Convoy S3 XM-L2 4c torch worked fantastic in the forest last night. Riding mate has the ultimate combo of Exposure 6-pack and Diablo and I wasn’t under lit and didn’t suffer from shadowing when I was in front like I got previously with my warm white SSX2 and torch combo.

My neutral white LEDs were noticeably yellower but were certainly bright enough with fantastic definition and lasted the 4hrs ride no problem. (Only used the lid torch on twisty stuff so a single decent Panny 18650 lasted fine)

BT40s is a great floody bar light, but limited throw so no use on helmet. Build quality is great and it comes with decent battery and charger. Add some Gearbest gopro mounts and the Convoy torch and it’s a great well made set for under £50 delivered.

craig24
    Free Member

I’ve found these to be pretty good for the money –

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171813873607?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=470751202004&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Myself and 2 mates bought them around this time last year and there still going strong.

scandal42
    Free Member

craig24 – Member

I’ve found these to be pretty good for the money –

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171813873607?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=470751202004&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Myself and 2 mates bought them around this time last year and there still going strong.

Don’t know about the light but I have a battery in the same waterproof case as that and it has been simply fantastic, runs for 2.5 hours with 2 indicator lights remaining on my SS2

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Best cheap bar light?’ is closed to new replies.