Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Best chainset for 1×10 ???
  • bikeneil
    Free Member

I’ve been riding an old deore chainset to try 1×10 and I love it so i want to get a better chainset to replace it with. I’ve been looking at the new shimano offerings but they all seem to have a weird shape spider. I’d like a nicer looking chainset if possible. Any suggestions? ?

stevied
    Free Member

Can’t go wring with the XT in black…see here with RaceFace chainring: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/i-think-ive-finally-finished-my-bikemaybe

kayak23

I’ve got old and new SLX. I quite like them really. Look good in’t flesh like.

oxym0r0n

Get a triple to get the right chainline. I liked the race face turbine, so bought one! (separate granny spider too)

fivespot
    Free Member

Buy XT triple, sell all the chainrings to recoup a few bob, then buy an On One 34T SS chainring which will cost you half as much and last 4x longer than the best of the alloy ones 😉

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Maybe not the blingiest but my Zee and Race Face thick/thin ring hasn’t dropped a chain yet 😀

4ags4
    Free Member

For me a Middleburn RS8 Uno (in silver) or White Industries Eno look the classiest

njee20
    Free Member

Xx1. No need to mess around with selling rings and what not.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Oh, I forgot to say the only criteria is no Sram. Liking the Zee though.

cabeaumont
    Free Member

Another vote for RaceFace Turbine. Running it with their 34 tooth narrow/wide chainring

fathomer

XT for me:

Cranks by SamDexter, on Flickr

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Best chainset for 1×10 ???’ is closed to new replies.