Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Best cable set (gears)
  • damo2576
    Free Member

I need to replace my gear cables, shifters and derailleurs are XT.

What are best cables?

tthew

I really liked the Transfil Muclovers. Like having full length outers but without the need to zip-tie to your frame.

andrewh
    Free Member

Alligator i-links.

Not cheap, but got mine for the race bike in March 09. Tightened when stretched as per usual. New XTR inners for new season in March this year, again tightened when stretched. Otherwise not touched so top marks for reliability..
    Lighter than Nokon, XTR etc. Only thing comparable weight-wise is PowerCordz.

Slowly moving all other bikes to i-links including brake cables on road and TT bikes and remote lockouts when funds permit. Full length outers so two sets per bike = £80! Well worth it though.

THREAD HIJACK.
    WTD – Silver i-;ink outers, any amount. andy_howett at yahoo.co.uk

stoney
    Free Member

Alligator braided cables set from Clee Cycles…..

http://clee-cycles.co.uk/cc/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/61_62/products_id/255?osCsid=18857587247698cdba2ddb051bf2f0bd

Edit… Also goes well with Hope Braided hose 😉

damo2576
    Free Member

Thanks! Will check em out.

bigyim
    Free Member

i used the jagwire stuff on all three of my bikes and have never had a problem with it

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Jagwire here too.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I still really rate the Gore stuff. The only cables I’ve ever transplanted to a new bike.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Whats wrong with standard cabling? I use it on al my bikes and never have any issues. I do lube the cables tho a couple of times a year

LD
    Free Member

I’ve got Gore Ride On with standard outers, not continuous. Fitted 5 or 6 years ago and I have never had to touch them in all that time, Scottish mud rider. Highly recommended although I don’t hear of many folks using them these days. Are alligator/jagwire equivalent or better?

nickc

SP41 and Teflon inners.

crankrider
    Free Member

Alligator braided cables set from Clee Cycles…..

http://clee-cycles.co.uk/cc/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/61_62/products_id/255?osCsid=18857587247698cdba2ddb051bf2f0bd

Edit… Also goes well with Hope Braided hose

These guys are selling the same cables for nearly a tenner less – plus loads of colours – http://www.readytoridecycles.co.uk/cablesets-45-c.asp

Ive used them for ages – just changed the inner.

I-links are too expensive for my tastes….

Dibbs
    Free Member

SP41 and Teflon inners.

Works for me too.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

£2.50 Stainless Steel Cable and SP4 Outer.

Works fine on everything.

Just change ’em when you service the bike.

You can spend £80 on cables if you want…….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Best cable set (gears)’ is closed to new replies.