Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • best budget workshop stand ?
  • banjax34
    Free Member

any advice ? anyone used the decathlon elite workstand ?

DrP

I’ve just picked up the £30 Lidl one on a whim!

I’ve currently got a 2-legged folding one – this looks a bit sturdier – I might try to make a bastard lovechild of the two….

DrP

Speshpaul

Lidl in the shops today 29.99

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ribble one for £50, solid as a moderately floppy rock. Holds my 35lb pitch without wobling about for 99% of jobs, probably wouldn’t trust it for bashing headsets out though*.

*best way I’ve found was to put the upper race in a vice, and suppourt the back of the bike in a workstand, then knock the lwer race out, which in the process tended to loosen the top race sufficiently.

br
    Free Member

Buy cheap, buy twice…

Got a Park 2nd time around 😳

lovewookie

I’m with b r on this.

tried quite a few, that lidl one is a POS as it is, needs a few modifications to make it average.

best buy at the moment is the park PCS9, you can get one from winstanleys for about £85.

if you can however, get the PCS10, it’s a few quid more, but you can accessorize. I particularly like the wheel trueing stand that mounts on the rear of the stand.

Coyote
    Free Member

Just got the Lidl one. Indexed the gears on my Coyote Dual. First impressions are that it could do to be a little more sturdy but let’s see. It’s my first workstand so I’ve nothing to judge it against.

wingnuts

Had loads over the years and the Decathlon one is light years ahead. Stable and robust. Can’t recommend it enough.

mogrim

Got a Decathlon one, too – the bike sits on it, rather than hanging from a clamp – seems to work fine. I use it with both road bike and mtb, you don’t need to adjust it or anything.

No doubt a more expensive “pro-level” stand would last longer, but I don’t use it enough to justify that kind of expense.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘best budget workshop stand ?’ is closed to new replies.