Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best Budget Tablet
  • gravitysucks
    Free Member

Looking at getting my daughter a tablet for chrimbo.
    Is there any tablets that are better for uploading content to?
    Photos, Mp3’s and videos etc.
    It will primarily used for reading playing a few apps / games, reading stories, watching films / tv episodes in the car etc.
    Do any tablets have any limitations or are some more adaptable than others?
    Want to be able to rip a few of here Disney DVDs to get on to it, some of her photos and maps etc

What’s looking the best? Kindle Fire HD looks good but not sure if you can upload stuff to it or do you have to download / stream stuff more?

Want something I can throw a load of content like cds / mp3’s she already has rather than having to download everything

TiRed

Blackberry Playbook for all but games (not much available). Superb media device and currently very cheap.

eruptron
    Free Member

Yep I’d agree with the playbook media is excellent Movies, music,pdf,flash documents and browsing are really good. Apps are its downfall it does have them but they can be expensive ie Angrybirds is £5 some are free if like me you dont really bother with apps its really good. Had mine for over 12 months now and it’s been used every day.
    At the price it’s fantastic.
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/blackberry-playbook-tablet-pc-64-gb-10647930-pdt.html?gclid=CMON1pTli7QCFW3KtAod2ykAnQ&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~(DTP)_Tablets_-_RIM~Blackberry_PlayBook_Exact~Generic&mctag=gg_goog_7904&ef_id=HbVQCHDpY6AAABM@:20121208215038:s

totalshell

bit late to be deciding tonite.. amazon quoting two weeks for kindles.. but not until you ve paid.. then they simply post them ( no tracking nothing..) (although they do send the two secret seven books £3.69 via a tracked courier..)

Russell96

Kindle Fire HD has pretty good parental controls

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Cheers guys ill have a nosey at the playbook.

Totalshell – or I could walk into Tesco where I was looking at them today and just buy one of the shelf.

Any tablets that use an SD card slot for memory expansion?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

EBuyer.. ..

80 quid if you have to pay the vat, due the 13th!

Keep it quiet though 🙂

monkeychild
    Free Member

The playbook is a great tablet. It’s well built and the sound wee wees over all others and the HD screen is a treat. You can *cough* acquire the games ie angry birds, cut the rope for free. I use mine for reading PdF mags, comics, videos and a bit of gaming. Plus Blackberry’ warranty is excellent.

roundwheels
    Free Member

try looking up goopad

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Cheers everyone. Reserved a playbook this am and just went and picked one up from pcworld. At £130 they’re flying off the shelves.
    Bargain for a 64gb tablet with a broad video and music support. Even came with a neoprene slip case in the box.

Best part was for £30 I got a full 3 year cover that covers accidental damage. So for £160 my 6 year olds got a e reader, MP3 player, camera, film player, game player and can even get on kiddy learning websites she uses with school and I don’t even have to worry about her dropping it as its instant replacement.

Happy days cheers peeps.
    Ho ho ho 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Roundwheels have you got one of those goopads or used one?

samuri
    Free Member

Plus, don’t be surprised if the blackberry app store makes a sudden change to something more like the android/istore and more sensibly priced sometime early in the new year.

/looks around whistling

roundwheels
    Free Member

Funky no a bloke in hmv recommended one , the same person that sells all the apple gear etc, at that price it maybe worth a punt ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best Budget Tablet’ is closed to new replies.