Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best budget portable bike wash
  • flyingmm

Hi there, looking for a good value and reliable portable bike wash to take with me on a wee road trip. Suggestions welcome. Cheers

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hozelock plant sprayer.

Rorschach
    Free Member

psychobiker
    Free Member

Another one for Hozelok plant sprayer. Even use mine at home.

flyingmm

Thanks – will look into the hozelock option. Nice one rorschach – want to transport the water in the car and your method may be problematic 😉

shortcut

I have been using a dirt worker for 5 years without issue. Comes into its own for weekends away and hosepipe bans!

theredchili
    Free Member

Anyone got an 18V Nomad ? thinking about one for washing 3-4 bikes

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Anyone got an 18V Nomad

only problem is that they are NiCd batteries at the moment – suppossed to be coming out with a LiOn ones soon.

The batteries are actually the Ryobi One+ system, whic is handy oif you have any of those, need a portable power tool, or need to replace the batteries in the future.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

If you get a hozelock system, you can also use it ghetto for putting on tubeless tyres…

wwaswas

as above- I bought a Nomad 18v as a ‘bare unit’ and just use the One+ batteries I already have.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I bought a laser tools one off ebay for about £26

+ cheep
    – no internal water tank so had to buy a water tank from halfords
    – no battery so only works in the car

One thing I found helped a lot (and proobably applies to most cars and washers) was cutting the massively long power lead down to a couple of meters (just enough to reach the dashboard power socket) and only using the dashboard power not the boot socket. Doing those two things (especialy not using the boot socket) made a huge difference to the power.

The internal/external tank isn’t really a negative, and a 25l drinking water container is more usefull than a tiny little one built in, especialy on longer trips where it needs to wash more bikes or be drunk!

reedspeed
    Free Member

Where can you buy the Nomad from then without the battery & how much £ ??,ive got 2/3 of them Ryobi 18+ batteries..

nols
    Free Member

wwaswas

Just email them and they’ll give you a price – wasn’t the aftermarket price of the battery and charger less but was a reasonable discount I felt that reflected the cost to them of the items.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best budget portable bike wash’ is closed to new replies.