Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best Budget Bike – £450 500
  • benmotogp46
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine is planning on purchasing a Giant Revel 1 (HT) for around £400.

Before he makes this purchase, can anyone recommned me any similar models around this price range with the best possible spec?

The absolute maximum he can spend is £500 at a stretch!

Cheers.

ElShalimo

Merlin Malt 2 should be within budget

gribble
    Free Member

Decathlon Rockrider 8.1, about 500 roubles. Not sure where you live, as they don’t have shops everywhere, but have a look on their website. Also Specialized rock hoppers are good in my opinion, heavy but solid bikes that are worth upgrading.

LittleTones
    Free Member

Not withstanding the Halford jibes this
    voodoo
    hoodoo

At the time of posting £449.99…..

AlasdairMc

The Carrera Kraken got a great review in MBUK this month.

Northwind

Carrera Kraken is a really well sorted bike- the XCR fork’s not brilliant but it does work, unlike a lot of budget forks. Needs to be looked after well though, the seals are a bit iffy and the internals are delicate, not a good combo.

Malt 2 is in price range but out of stock. Decathlon 8.1 is out of budget but the 8.0’s still worth a look.

TheFopster
    Free Member

That Voodoo has an air fork. For 450 quid.

Just sayin’

Northwind

It does. And half decent tyres too. But it’s still not a light package and I reckon the XCR’s a bit better damped than the X1. It used to come with Tektro Auriga Comps too, which are ridiculously good considering what they are, not sure about the Geminis they have now.

scaredypants

best value would be a second-hand bargin

It’s a risk though. If you’re lucky to live somewhere near and can get a look at one that catches your eye you could do very well out of it (and/or buy off a “proper” forum member on here who you actually trust – mostly that’s a god plan)

joeegg
    Free Member

I know its a little bit over but i’ve just bought a Cannondale Trail SL2 from Pauls Cycles for around £550 posted.Looked around and couldn’t get that sort of spec for the money anywhere else.Full range of sizes as well.

jameso

here[img]http://www.evanscycles.com/product_image/image/7da/1de/7d7/79572/large/pinnacle-jarrah-four-2012-mountain-bike.jpg[/img]
    Lend him £20? ) Reduced now. Octalink chainset, Shimano M446 brakes + Deore shifters and XC32 TK 120mm forks.

eltonerino
    Free Member

Saracen Mantra has done me well for the past year ~£400

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best Budget Bike – £450 500’ is closed to new replies.