Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Best bottle cage tool kit/mini pump?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

After another road ride ending in a long walk due to puncture I’ve decided it’s time I took a repair kit/tube/pump out with me. I’ve tried seat bags before and they’re been annoying and rattly, I think a well stuffed bottle cage kit would be better? The lezyne one looks nice, does it have enough space for some patches, levers, glue and maybe a spare tube?

I’ll also need a small and lightweight pump, what’s the best without spending ridiculous money?

BillOddie

I have one of these from Always Riding.
    http://ilequipment.com/collections/all/products/seat-bag

I also use a Zefal HPX frame fit pump.

Means I have everything I need on the CX bike, no rattles even hoofing it down rough gravel tracks.

Leaves jersey pockets for jelly babies, booze, etc.

xyeti
    Free Member

I’ve been carrying the same Tube, Tyre levers and a gel plus a bar about for Months Now, All in my jersey pocket, I’m thinking that the bottle cage idea might be a better option, interested on mini Pumps as well as the only one i have is for the MTB, wondering if a 1 shot cannister thing might be better for the CX bike as im still on tubes?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

and a tiny saddle bag containing tube, levers, park patches and an emergency tenner. Pump du choix under a cage. Spesh chain tool in your head cap.

That way, everything you’ll always need on a ride is always there.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I’m still using a Joe Murray Combo cage:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Best bottle cage tool kit/mini pump?’ is closed to new replies.