Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Best Biking Rucksack
  • Andyhilton
    Free Member

I'm due a new rucksack. I currently us a Berghaus Freeflow IV 20. Now do I just get the new model as I quite like my rucksack or something else.

Recommend away STW!!!

NB It doesn't have to be cycle specific but it should be able to hold a camelback bladder, oh and be waterproofish.

Paceman
    Free Member

Camelbak Mule for me.

tragically1969
    Free Member

I reckon the Camelback Octanes look good, might be my next pack i think:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Camelbak_Octane_8_Plus_-_2_Litre_Hydration_Pack/5360028103/

thomthumb
    Free Member

osprey talan. i have a 22 (i think) most comfotable bag ever. most of the time it's not full though and i think the next size down would be better altohugh they re bringing out biking bags come february. not cheap though!

mcboo
    Free Member

North Face Megamouth. Just saying last night "this is the best bit of bike kit I've ever bought". 5yrs of punishment and still looks good as new.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

The mule is the favourite so far but the cost is prohibitive.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Another vote for the Osprey packs.. Far superior to anything Camlebak have made IMHO..

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

+1 for Osprey Talon. Wanted something bigger than my Camelbak Mule for all day stuff. I can't believe how much more comfortable, adjustable and feature packed it is than the Camelbaks. Not biking specific so also fine for day hikes etc and meets all your criteria

BadlyWiredDog

Osprey's bike-specific pack, the Raptor, comes out in the spring. Not used the Raptor, but have used the outdoors version. Scores massive brownie points for having a bladder you can insert into the pack even when it's fully-loaded and generally very well thought out and made.

I like my Wingnut Hyper 3.0 though.

aP
    Free Member

The smaller of the OMM sacs are pretty good as are inov8.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'll be having a look tonight.

woffle
    Free Member

Ergon – I much prefer it to my previous Deuter / Osprey attempts to find a decent day bag and that is also big enough to carry things to and from work once or twice a week (laptop / clothes etc). It's got a pouch for a bladder as well as routing on the straps for the tubes.

It sits off your back which means you don't get too hot, the weight sits nicely on your hips and the ball joint means that you've got pretty free movement and don't get any disconcerting weight shifts when it's fully laden. Mine's withstood over a year of use through pretty grim weather and I've never had a problem with leaks etc when using the waterproof cover.

Expensive though.

flatfish
    Free Member

osprey talons

dmiller
    Free Member

osprey talons

I have the 33 for commuting.

It is the ultimate.

David.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

North Face Megamouth

+1
    excellent "trampoline" back system too, keeps it stable and air circulating.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

lezyne allpack. Love it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Best Biking Rucksack’ is closed to new replies.