Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best biking around Leominster? (family/kids and/or hardcore Gnarrrr)
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Never been, so assume I know nothing

A big group of us are staying in Leominster in a few weeks. There’s a big cross section of abilities and plenty of kids.
    1)Ideally I’m looking for somewhere where we could park and different groups go off on different ability trails, then meet up later ie trail centre. Or just any good family type trails
    2)Also, any other good technical stuff, natural or trail centre, for the MTBers without kids to go off for a couple of hours to escape.
    Cheers

timbur
    Free Member

Long Mynd up the road is rather good.
    Forest of Dean down the road is excellent.
    Besides that I don’t know albeit my outlaws live in Leominster.
    Oh, The Grapes is a nice beer pub. If there’s a crowd of you you’ll fill it.
    Nice deli in town that does a good coffee on one of the side streets near the centre. Run by a french chap.
    Good curry house as well. Called the Shagbag of something similar.

T1000
    Free Member

Mortimers forest right by Ludlow used to take the sprogs there….. + non cycling folks can wander round Ludlow …drink coffee etc

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Unfortunately, FoD looks too far. Is Long Mynd just up the road near Church Stretton?

wilko1999
    Free Member

Ribbesford downhills? Great fun, something for everyone, might be too far though?

http://www.voodoobikes.co.uk/suggested-routes/ribbesford

chris_jh

Westwoods? Singletrack and freeriding and not too far from Hereford so not too far away from Leominster… westwoods

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

No Ribbesford looks not far away. Wyre Forest looks not too far away as well, is there anything there, I’m sure I’ve seen it mentioned on here?

timbur
    Free Member

Yeap. Loads of walking, gliding, cycling around Church Stretton.
    Minton Batch is still one of my fav trails. Natural singletrack at it’s best.

nickhead
    Free Member

Ribbesford is great for some really entertaining DH tracks. All obstacles are being made rollable to keep the FC happy.

Main Wyre forest area is a good day out with cafe and Go Ape at the vistors centre, a waymarked family (fireroad) mountain bike route, and if you can track down a local guide / gps route – it has some of the best singletrack in the Midlands… (but most of it will still be pretty muddy unless you go in the two weeks of late summer when most of the water has had a chance to evaporate.)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best biking around Leominster? (family/kids and/or hardcore Gnarrrr)’ is closed to new replies.