Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 115 total)
  • best bike you have owned.
  • soma_rich
    Free Member

I had the most fun on my old Coiler

eddiebaby
    Free Member

2015 Jekyll Carbon. 1×11 XT, carbon wheels, offset bushes. Hope V4s. Brilliant and way more than I need.

weeksy

My current Whyte t130. Fast up, fast down, great on the trails. My times are quicker than ever absolutely everywhere. It’s brilliant. We’ve had adventure, racing, epic days out, we’ve never been anything less than 100% bonded from the second I tested it

onandon
    Free Member

Cannondale habit black. As fast as my scalpel but with enough travel for some abuse.
    Road. Cervelo s3 – something this fast shouldn’t be this comfortable.

mindmap3
    Free Member

My current second generation Ti Switchback is a bloody good bike, it took me a while to click with it after the stolen first generation.

But, I think my all time favourite bike was my 2005 SX Trail that I rode until 2013. It was heavy, the seat angle too slack, too small but it was ace. It was so much fun on descents and it just kept on going and going.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bronson, better than both my old capra and sb66 on even the techiest descents, and covers ground faster than my 29er spectral.

Fitted a 160 airshaft, luftkappe and changed tyres to Mary and slaughter.

Dream bike.

20170722_142955 by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

Euro
    Free Member

Surely, your best bike will always be your current one, otherwise why ride it?

In my case my first bestest bike was stolen and it’s replacement, my second bestest, broke. Also they were BMXs and there’s no way you get me on a BMX these days 😆

If we’re talking only mtb, my current RocketMax the best though i have a real soft spot for my old Commie Supreme.

andyg1966

My Trek Stache 29+.

The step up in enjoyment (and capability) from the previous bikes was the biggest increment I’ve done (and I’ve done a fair few).

Prior to that a 1998 Orange P7 painted metallic orange.

slackboy

My Cotic Soul – its the bike that got me back into cycling after many years sat on the sofa. In some ways in been superceded by a more capable mountain bike , but this is the one that I can stare at for hours.

Andy-R

Singular Hummingbird, as a rigid singlespeed 69er, like they’re supposed to be and although I’ve got both steel and Ti versions, I think now that I prefer the steel frame…..
    Probably the best handling bike that I’ve ever ridden, to be honest, and the most fun.

jedi

my latest bike is the best bike. it should be really as innovation in design moves on i guess but my pivot mach6 is amazing in all areas

DezB
    Free Member

kayla1
    Free Member

I suppose consensus would say the Flare I had for a bit was the ‘best’ bike I’ve ever owned but the BFe 275 (on 26″, obvs) I’ve got now is more fun so is therefore ‘better’.

withersea
    Free Member

My Schwinn 4 banger from around 2000. Introduced me to full suspension, carbon and hydraulic brakes all for £750.

Took my mountain bike riding from fun to bloody brilliant in a month.

amedias
    Free Member

My BTR, it’s not perfect, and not an all-rounder but it never fails to make me giggle like a schoolgirl whenever I ride it and normally gets me into a brown trousers moment on every ride as well by encouraging my stupidity…

warpcow
    Free Member

Maybe not the best at any one thing, but the most fun bike I have owned, and still do, is my Evil Sov.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/cR9hjs]P1020898[/url] by Mike Jones, on Flickr

tomhoward

Tough one this, as have had different tools for different jobs so it’s more of a top 3.

1. Santa Cruz 5010 V1 declared it perfect 10 mins into a demo ride, still just as good 4 years on, will keep forever
    2. Pivot Mach 429SL. XC race with just enough trail capability. Silly fast.
    3 06 Demo 8. Mega capable bike combined with me being young and fearless meant I rode stuff that I wouldn’t even consider now. 9th anniversary of its theft this week (crankworx whistler) 😥

Oh, and my next one obvs…

WildHunter2009

Probably my 2003/4 Marin Wildcat trail hardtail. Technically two bikes as the first one got nicked from uni halls after a few months. The bike that got me into mountain biking, not just cycling and ridiculous good fun. I think at the time it had pretty cutting edge geometry for a hardtail. It’s been rebuilt and ridden with longer forks, as a single speed and it’s been great every time.

Frames in the garage looking pretty tatty but I’m a bit tempted to rebuild it for the gf as a pub bike.

chilled76
    Free Member

2006 Sunn Radical was my favourite bike I ever owned.

My sb6c comes close though and I’m considering fitting a dual crown fork to it for alpine and uplift work as I reckon it would give some of my DH race bikes from a decade ago a run for their money!

stevied
    Free Member

Has to be the current 601. It’s a beast on fast, technical & rough stuff but will still climb better than my previous bikes (even with 180/190mm travel)

saxabar
    Free Member

Do it all bike: Alpine 160. Bought a V1, sold it, regretted it and built another in 2013. Just put a CCDB coil on it – a new lease of life.

Cove Stiffee for trail centre fun though. Gets you into all sort of trouble, but you still come out the other side!

garage-dweller

On the latest/best thing I think that only really applies if you have a one bike for everything approach or you prize outright performance over other elements of ownership.

In my case it’s the total versatility and reliability of the 456 that makes it “the best”. The FS is a better bike for serious riding but the 456 is more “do anything” and “raw” it’s those attributes I warm to about it.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

My Alu Cannondale Rush 2006. So sorted and refined. As someone mentioned earlier, if only Cannondale did a 29er or even 650b version.

It just did everything well with no fuss.

NormalMan

If I’m looking back with sentimental eyes then my 1990 Fisher Celerity.

But being more realistic it would be my Surly Pugsley. Not only do I love how it rides (never had a bad ride on it), I love the look of it too. I truly don’t know what I’d ever replace it with if something happened to it.

poah
    Free Member

current one – transition suppressor. its not perfect but it gets me up the mountain and down faster, with more fun than previous bikes. There isn’t anything on the bike that I would change until it wears out or stops working.

DezB
    Free Member

if only Cannondale did a 29er

Do you mean a Rush 29er? My mate was looking at them on eBay the other day. So they do (or should I say did!)

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    if only Cannondale did a 29er

Do you mean a Rush 29er? My mate was looking at them on eBay the other day. So they do (or should I say did!)

No. We are talking about the older frame design. The single pivot swing arm one.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Probably my 2006 Enduro, it’s not as ‘good’ as my Cove G-Spot or my Tracer 275 that followed it, but for the time it was awesome. Ride it to work, ride it hills and dales, ride it DH it didn’t care.

Rode it 2/3 times a week for 5 years.

renton
    Free Member

The one bike for me that was the best bike Ive ever owned and massively regret selling was the Orange 5 29 that I bought off here.

lawman91

Love my current T130C RS I’ve bonded with it in a way I haven’t done since my old Mojo HD140, I don’t think I could pick between them, I still regret selling the Mojo, if it was a Large and not a medium I’d probably still have it.

T130C RS

kilo

Planet X XLS cx bike, I use it more than any other at the moment, mtb wise Giant 2011 trance.

core

kayla1 – Member

I suppose consensus would say the Flare I had for a bit was the ‘best’ bike I’ve ever owned but the BFe 275 (on 26″, obvs) I’ve got now is more fun so is therefore ‘better’.

I’m seriously contemplating ditching my Soul (27.5″) and my Zesty (26″) in favour of a flare, but I just can’t quite bring myself to do it yet somehow, I want the comfort of the full sus as local woods are pretty rooty and bumpy, but keep thinking I’ll be wanting another hardtail straight away…………

‘Best’ bike I’ve ever owned in reality was probbaly my old 26″ Soul – Hope wheels, remote dropper, dual air reba forks, 1×10. But the bike I realistically did the most miles on and enjoyed was the Genesis Core that I had before with most of those bits on, that’s what really got me started.

chakaping
    Free Member

Couldn’t possibly choose one MTB.

But my Scott CR1 SL is just perfect for me as a road bike, can’t think of any way to improve it (aside from more blingy parts)…

gowerboy

Well for me it may have been my Muddyfox Courier…. It was the first affordable (for me) mountain bike in the UK really.

I only got the same feeling that the Muddyfox gave me when I got my Pugsley…. The Pug wins it for me.

Alex

Difficult when you’ve had so many. But maybe this one

[url=https://flic.kr/p/LFGDy]DMR Switchback – Sep 05 – Dec 06[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

First bike I rode away from my home trails. And learned to jump on at Chicksands. Did so many iconic rides on this bike, it sticks in the memory. Only got this photo of it from 2004!

The Mojo3 is the best bike I’ve ever owned in terms of being brilliant at everything and my SolarisMax is the most fun in woody singletrack, but the Switchback was the gateway drug to a whole new type or riding. So I’m choosing that.

fifeandy
    Free Member

My 2011 Scott Addict R2 – I originally went to test ride a CR1, but when i rode the Addict I knew it was the one for me.
    We’ve been together for 10,000mi so far and have had adventures in Alps, Pyrenees, Dolomites and Corsica.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Depends on your definition of ‘best’. Best performing would probably be what I’m riding now as bikes have undoubtedly got better and better (although I’m still stuck at peak 26″ with a Stanton Slackline). But ‘best’ bike for it’s time and for the amount of fun times I had on it over 13 years of hammer without anything going wrong with the frame would be my 2001 Turner RFX.

whitestone
    Free Member

MTB: Mk1 Solaris – struggle to see my way to N+1 because of it.
    Road: Handbuilt Reynolds 531 frame with full 105 groupset. (built by Brucie’s Bikes in Kendal)

P20

[url=https://flic.kr/p/mCvjRX]Liteville 301[/url] by ritcheyp20, on Flickr
    I’m going for my current bike. Easily the most capable bike I’ve ever owned, but still pedals exceptionally well.
    The Yeti ASR5C that I killed is worth a mention, beautiful bike, light, stiff and fast.

tazzymtb

Jones, without a doubt, although the speedball is rapidly joining it in the “bikes I’ll never sell” category

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘best bike you have owned.’ is closed to new replies.