Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Best bike you have owned? wish you never sold?
  • footflaps

I miss my 1988 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, stolen in Reading when I was at University in 1991….

wingnuts

Interesting that so many mentioned are Konas. Me it’s a Giant escape from about 1990. Nicked off a car roof rack. Locked to rack so they unbolted that and took that as well! Loved the shape of the rigid fork blades that rose above the intersection to the steerer tube. Common feature now but not then.

CountZero

If we’re being all retro, then my first grown-up bike is the one I regret letting go. Standard steel bike with Sturmy 3-speed, chrome rims, steel bars, etc. I put chrome scrambler cowhorn bars on and Avon cyclocross tyres and spent many happy hours ‘dirt-tracking’, or off-road riding. Mine looked like this, only black:

If I’d kept it, it might have ended up looking like this:

This has 700C rims and a fixie setup, but the original had 650B wheels, so I could fit modern alloy rims, and a Nexus 11-speed as well.

samuri
    Free Member

My on-one pompino. What a knob. I loved that bike and smiles per pound, it paid me back a million times.

threeek
    Free Member

My ’97 Kona Kilauea with Pace RC36 forks – should never have let that go. Sold it when I stopped riding for a few years. With the benefit of hindsight that was one mistake on top of another really. 🙄

mildred

2007 Orange 224 DD & 2009 Nicolai Helius ST.

The Orange got ragged, but I’m very anal conscientius so it was mint, and the Nicolai was hardly ridden – I sold that due to a change of plans, but should’ve kept it as it was costing me nothing to keep.

Every single time I rode those bikes I came back smiling like an idiot.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I miss my PRST-4, best XC bike I ever had 🙁

RobinH
    Free Member

Hi all, please does anyone any idea what a 1992 Kona Explosif xt (pretty much original everything and in good condition) would be worth?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Best bike you have owned? wish you never sold?’ is closed to new replies.