Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Best bike you have owned? wish you never sold?
  • bengbong
    Free Member

Got to thinking about this. Mine would be a klien pulse i wish i had never sold. Best bike? On one inbred ss cheap and great fun.

Whats yours?

4ndyB
    Free Member

’03 Orange Gringo

Not the best bike in the world, but a lot of good memories attached to the bike & a lot of upgrades

It was sold as I really needed the money & I’d sold all the other bikes I had at the time.

Bez

I sold my Kona Hot. Which was sort of silly, but me riding it was like a tramp trying to hump a Middleton – it deserved better. Probably shouldn’t have bought it in the first place, but fate decreed I must.

Best? Either my 93 Kilauea or the sliding-dropout Inbred, I guess. Though they don’t get a look in past the curly bar bikes these days.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Pace RC200 in 1995

robbed 🙁

PJM1974
    Free Member

Best bike I ever had? Easy, my 2004 Specialized Enduro. It’s a real Trigger’s Broom, the only original part on it is the frame itself. I’ve still got it and it took me from Brighton to London on Saturday, never missing a beat or giving me reason to curse it on the way.

The bike I most miss? That’ll be the 2003 Rockhopper that I sold to a mate to finance the Enduro. The only things I changed on it were the tyres and brakes, the Hope Minis were like night and day compared to the Avid Vs it came with.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Cannondale Prophet MX

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

mid 90’s Kona Explosif.

Sold it for a pittance to my brother in law. I saw it last Summer rusting away tucked in behind his shed. Offered to buy it back for what he’d paid for it but he said he was going to make good use of it soon. Almost twelve months later I’m pretty sure it’s not been ridden.

Coyote
    Free Member

Bike I wish I could get back? My 2001 Kona Stinky Six. Bike I’d never part with willingly? My Coyote Dual. Best bike I’ve owned? My DMR Trailstar.

chewkw
    Free Member

Best bike … never … they are still with me.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

DP Freestyler that went the journey more years ago than I care to remember.

I had a bout of nostalgia and thought I might get one to show the kids till I saw the prices! Cant believe how much they go for on Retrobike.

Was it a good bike? No not really, but I would have one again in a flash for less than a kidney.

nicky
    Free Member

Best bike my Whyte 805. Awesome bike and no I wouldn’t part with it. 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

Best bike? My Meta
    Shouldn’t have sold? My Bitch

amodicumofgnar

Didnt sell it but it was pinched – Marin Pine Mountain 96vintage with Pace RC31s. Still got the wheels because they werent on it at the time. That was 3 half years ago and I’m still grumpy about it now. Probably in the hands of some unsuspecting 3rd party retro biker now.

_tom_
    Free Member

Wish I hadn’t sold my BFe frame – did it because I needed the money at the time but probably could have got away with not selling.

Want my old Federal Division bmx back as well. Solid bike.

CountZero

Still got them. My favourite, and the one I will never let go, is my 853 Inbred SS. it’s such a nice bike to ride, it looks good, and needs bugger-all looking after. Had a flat last Friday ‘cos I hadn’t topped up the latex in nearly two years, squirted some in; sorted for another year.

racefaceec90

i really REALLY regret selling my 2002 cannondale f800 (matt black with lefty fork) to buy a guitar amp.as soon as i sold it i knew that i made a grave mistake 🙁 twas the best ht i’ve ever owned)

transapp
    Free Member

94 Orange Clockwork. Only sold it 18months ago. I miss her. Should have converted to a training / road bike. What a frame.

tyger
    Free Member

Wish I hadn’t sold my 1999 Kona Kula
    Best bike(s) – still my Ellsworth Truth and Hei Hei

Hairychested
    Free Member

Kona A, what the hell was I thinking that I sold it. IDIOT!

rOcKeTdOg

phrase of the day

but me riding it was like a tramp trying to hump a Middleton

😀

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Klein Fervor

nicked.

shortcut

Mine is the Horst Link Five Spot. Stil in the garage, never gets ridden because the wheels are too small.

Still there, still good, going nowhere!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I really miss my Marin Hawk Hill 2003. Not the best bike ever built but the memories. I regret selling that bike so much. I’m going to buy another when I see a minter on eBay at a good price. I had covered more miles on that bike than any other and it needed hardly any looking after, i remember it feeling so light and the handling so snappy. I think it looked the part too.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My Orange Evo2 (with Pace forks upgrade) – I sold it to help pay for my S-Works Enduro (which I love). But for the money I got for the Orange I continually wish I had kept it.

donsimon
    Free Member

When I was about 15-16 years I got hold of some Raliegh (road bike) or other, I’m not big on details, from what I can remember it had a steel frame, leather saddle and narrow handle bars. What I do remember is how slender it was and that it was a object of real beauty. Got sold by my stepdad as he thought it would be a good idea for me him to buy something else, and it hadn’t been ridden for a while anyway…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ahh ha.

Righty ho then, I’ve 3 bikes I shouldn’t have gotten rid of: (ok one was nicked)

1) Fat Chance Yo Eddy – Black and Lime Green with PaceRC30’s.. That bike was amazing, I must have covered at least 5k in the year I had it, I went everywhere on it. I sold it to a whippetmate who killed it as much as I did, it died a very peacful death and still hangs deep in the memory, I had the t-shirt too, god I was SO proud, sniff, sniff.

2) Marin Team Titanium – resplendant smokey silver, I took the RC30’s of Eddy for this New Machine. I only had it for 3mths when it got nicked from Cannock Chace whilst I was waiting for my race start.. I was so angry I could have broken a twig.. grrrr Never Ever got to love it, booohooo….

3) Klein Attitude – yes the lime green/pink/white one. This was stunningly stiff and light. It tracked really well, climbed like a goat and I loved this bike. I really should have kept this but it had to make way for a C’dale Scalpel.. (yes the early bendy one…)

Roblilly
    Free Member

My Roberts Genesis. Sold one christmas as I was skint and needed to buy presents for the family

FML…..

yoshimi

KOna kiluea 1992 – my first proper bike – sold or when I went to college to fund beer:(

ziggy
    Free Member

’91 Specialized Epic Ultimate, carbon tubes bonded into titanium lugs.
    Selling that was a crime 😥 I waiting over 9 months for it to be delivered only to keep it for 18 months.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Best bike I’ve owned… my Blur 4X.
    Wish I’d never sold… my (second) Chameleon (to Hora). PX’d it against his Heckler and hated it so much I sold it on after 2 rides.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Wish I’d never got rid of my Yeti FRO (late 80’s), and wish I still had the purple Raleigh Chopper my mam and dad bought me for Christmas when I was 10.

thomthumb
    Free Member

had a giant nrs, it was the bike that got me back into bikes. my brother sold it to me for about half what it was worth and let me pay in installments. I had to sell as to replace the bits i wanted to: forks brakes & wheels meant it was cheaper to buy a new bike. and i was struggling for space.

as soon as i sold it my other bike snapped 🙄

oh well. still would like a giant anthem to replace it. probably 29er flavour.

NJA

My Marin Pine Mountain – 1993 model complete with obligatory purple bits. My fist ‘real’ mountain bike – Needed some money quickly to pay my solicitor when I brought my house.

A week after the sale my boss said ‘why did you sell that beautiful bike?’

I told him and he said ‘If you had mentioned it I would have lent you £500 no problem’.

DOH!

Jeffus
    Free Member

Orange P7 , didn’t have a choice lost my job at the time, damn economy .

mccett
    Free Member

1996 Kona Kula, the gold coloured Easton one… commuted on it in London in the week with a 44T chainring and chain device then stuck knobblies on it and raced DH on it at weekend. Miss it to this day and would love another one.

Liking the number of Konas listed above, and also nearly all hardtails. 🙂

Mintyjim

My 1997 Kona Manomano. My first FS and the best! Even did a summer in Les Gets in 2002. Sold it to a mate and the bastard sold it, for a profit, 2 weeks later.
    Wish I’d never swapped my ’93 DiamondBack Topanga either but I was only 15 and a bit stoopid.

Funny how most folks seem to regret getting rid of their older bikes from the 90’s or early 00’s

resisted
    Free Member

I had a Curtis SuperX about 6 years ago when the hardcore hardtail was just coming into fruition. Had 130mm Z1 MCR’s, 9 speed and could go anywhere!

One of my life’s only regrets was selling that beasty and I’d buy it back tomorrow if I could.

althepal

04 enduro sworks. Was my dream bike at the time, actually kept it in the living room so I could look at it all the time.. 😀 Ended up selling it and the old rockhopper for funds for my 575.
    Loved that enduro, long travel (at the time), looked stealthy, and put many, many miles in on it.
    Sigh.

pacemaker
    Free Member

My 1990 Pace RC100, complete with Bullseye cranks and Magura hydrostop brakes. 😆

Nothing has ever manage to put the same smile on my face 😥

tang
    Free Member

1990 explosif…only for purely nostalgic reasons.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Best bike you have owned? wish you never sold?’ is closed to new replies.