Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best bike shop in central Scotland?
  • troberts1994
    Free Member

I’ve recently moved up to the wonderful land of Stirling and am looking to find a decent bike shop to rely on when my spannering skills reach their uppermost limit! I do prefer an old school bike shop where mechanics are more conscientious and take pride in their work. If anyone knows of such a place then let me know!
    Cheers!

matt_outandabout

Velo 44 seem great, good stock and helpful staff, reasonable prices, the one I keep using.
    Rock and road in BOA, while really helpful and lovely, are just so expensive. I have stopped using them since last two items were over RRP…
    Stirling cycles I have barely used, but seem to be really good (great job on a wheel true and tighten), good stock and really helpful staff.

grey

My friends swear by this place, all he does is repairs Alloa cycle repairs
    They say he’s quite fussy at getting things right .

StirlingCrispin

Best bike shop- Wheels of Callander.
    Never let me down – and over the years I’ve recommended a lot of people go there.

Best mechanic – Mark Leadbelly
    http://www.markleadbetter.co.uk/

Every other mechanic is a beginner.

(And welcome to Stirling!)

bigG
    Free Member

Stirling Cycles are good (and give you a discount if you’re a Stirling Bike Club member).

Mark Leadbetter is indeed a local legend and great mechanic. He’s currently doing the Mersey Roads 24 hour TT on a tandem.

matt_outandabout

Mark may be great, but he doesn’t answer phone or email….. 🙁

DickBarton

I’m getting great service from Velocity44…can’t fault it.

Do you want a shop or a mechanic?

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Welcome to stirling. Craig at stirling cycles although a bit road centric but they are very concientious and good with updates. What do you ride?

Northwind

I use Icycles. No they’re not in central scotland but they are right beside innerleithen, so I drop stuff in and go for a ride.

haggis1978

Xtremebikes in Cumbernauld. Stevie Morris spanners in there and the shop is owned by and ran by enduro racer Sam Flockhart. Not been opened long but i’ve followed Stevie from when he worked over in Shawlands to up there. Wouldnt have anybody else work on my bikes.

tomd
    Free Member

Wheelcraft. There’s no where else like it. Great chat, get your bike fixed while you OD on supercharged coffee out of a mug that’s not seen the loving touch of fairly liquid since 1987.

DickBarton

’87? Clearly you took your own mug in then…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best bike shop in central Scotland?’ is closed to new replies.