Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Best bike I've ever bought
  • captaincarbon
    Free Member

Absolutely brilliant!
    What a grin! 😀

Scapegoat

I’ve watched both vids now, and have been hit by an absolutely overwhelming realisation, that at the point when he first turns the pedals to shift the bike, James leaves his world of limited mobility. That newfound liberation can be nothing short of profound, like you’ve unlocked an entire life’s worth of fun in one go. The improvement in his leg speed and strength, plus his apparent coordination in the second video just shows what is yet to unfold for him. Tremendously powerful.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Nicely put and probably spot on

tazzymtb

that is truly fantastic…made a jaded world weary taz feel very warm and fuzzy.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Thread title made a thousand eyes roll.. but great content! 😉

So should the cycling give him strength in his legs to walk well enough without the calipers or is it a long way off?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

We really don’t know what the future holds. James has a condition called PNP deficiency for which the principal danger is immune system problems. He’s had two bone marrow transplants and – touch wood – he’s overcome that particular problem. The reduced mobility is a secondary symptom. It’s not so much a lack of strength – the fella is quite strong – but a lack of control and tone.

Since the condition is so rare no one really has enough experience to say what the prognosis is. All I’ll say is that he continues to make steady improvements. I never expected to be posting a video on YouTube of the little fella enjoying riding bikes as much as this, so we’re not without hope… 😀

martinxyz
    Free Member

Well this is something he loves, and obviously it’s no chore for him to do so it can only do wonders. Hopefully thousands more will spot the clips on youtube and see how the trike can and will help in so many ways with balance,co-ordination and strength.

Looking forward to see how he comes on over the years ;O)

martinxyz
    Free Member

Before I typed this I was watching the new vid and it got me thinking of the millions of able bodied kids sitting at home.. glued to a screen playing video games.

The majority of them nowhere near as happy as James. Makes you wonder,eh?

;O)

stilltortoise
    Free Member

James’ Mum and I grew up appreciating the big open spaces and fresh air that surrounded us (we’re both Peak District born and bred). I’m pleased to say that it’s rubbing off on our boys.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Best bike I've ever bought’ is closed to new replies.