Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • best bike for adventure cross
  • rugbyrider
    Free Member

hi everyone, new to the forum.
    i have signed up for a couple of adventure cross rides moors n shores and one in lakes. was hoping for some advice from somebody who has done these before.
    i am torn between using my cross bike or 29er hardtail and wondered which is more suitable.
    thanks for any replies.
    RR

scotroutes

You’ve a cross bike AND a 29er and you want to know what bike to use? The answer is simple – neither. You need an adventure bike.

cuyahoga
    Free Member

I used my 29er hardtail on last year’s Lakeland Monster Miles, purely because that’s all I’ve got. Fella I know reckons he’d have shaved a lot off his time if he’d brought his cross bike, as there was nothing especially technical.

dickie
    Free Member

I’ve done Moors n Shores twice on a 29er FS, because its all I have but a Cross Bike would be a good choice.
    Most of the route is forest road, tarmac, or old railway line.

senorj

I’d take the bike with the lowest gearing for the Lakes one. 🙂

jonba
    Free Member

Done the Moors and shores and a cross bike would be the best choice.

rugbyrider
    Free Member

thanks for your replies ,
    i will use cross bike , was edging that way tbh anyway.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve done the Lakeland Monster a few times, all on CXer. Get some low gearing and keep spinning up the really steep bits, rarely will you be in the big ring gurning.
    And take puncture repair stuff and tubes.

tomhoward

OP, are you doing the 43 or 58 miler? I’m on the 43 mile one and, if it arrives in time, I’m doing it on a fs 29er as I don’t know the terrain. Those that have done it, is it all just fireroads, no particularly technical stuff? As if so then I’ll do it on my Sequoia.

The chap I’m doing it with is doing it on a Spesh Enduro Evo (180mm park/DH bike) 😆

rugbyrider
    Free Member

hi tom, i am doing the 58m loop.
    just getting into mtb after a few years triathalon.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I do them on a lightweight, carbon rigid 29er. That’s not one of your options, I see.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘best bike for adventure cross’ is closed to new replies.