Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best bike End to End for novice
  • Laura
    Free Member

Hi
    Has any of you more experinced bike people got any opinion on the best bike to do traing and Jhon O groates to land End on for a ladie who don’t ride a bike much??
    Thanks 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

Laura, if you are real…. The best bike would be a well fitting road bike, I would advise that you go and look at the big bike shops like Evans to get some idea.

brack
    Free Member

Id agree with the above but would add a flat bar rather than drops and go for a slightly forgiving tyre rather than an ultra slimline race shoe. A comfy sadddle but not too big as it will simply chaff and become counter productive.

There are some steep hills which if wet could catch a novice out.

Good on her….try a LBS as well by the way.

MrNutt
    Free Member

where are you based? someone here may be able to point you in the direction of a good LBS (Local Bike Shop)

Laura
    Free Member

Thanks
    Your favouring a road bike, over a tourer?
    Whats an LBs, by the way

Laura
    Free Member

Oh Thanks
    Kings Lynn, Norfolk

stufield
    Free Member

look at a good audax bike, only go for tourer if you’re looking at self supported camping etc… i bought my dawes audax 10 years ago to do lejog and its still going strong, very comfy, fit is important when you’re going to spend a long time in the saddle.

thomthumb
    Free Member

an audax bike would be more comfortable than a race bike over 900 miles. audax is a road bike designed for covering distance in relative comfort. they have slightly more forgiving position.

i know very little about this but dawes galaxy is popular, as are thorn bikes.

hope that helps

Laura
    Free Member

Not got to carry a thing. I shall take on board what youve said.
    Thanks fallas

stufield
    Free Member

galaxy is a tourer, hewitt cycles make some reasonable audax bikes, what’s your budget…?
    http://www.aukweb.net is a good resource site, plus http://www.ctc.org.uk for routes

crikey
    Free Member

Tourers are not really sexy though are they? Far better to have something with a bit of panache, a bit of oo-la-la, a bit of va-va-voom, especially if you don’t have to carry anything.

thefallguy
    Free Member

Have a look at a bike from Specialized with the zertz inserts, a much comfier ride when you’ve a bit more give in the frame.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best bike End to End for novice’ is closed to new replies.