Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Best bib shorts (warning Skinny wheel content)
  • mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Can I get some recommendations for some bib shorts?
    Just sending back some Shutt ones which didn’t work.
    Anything as good or better if possible?

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

DHB Aeron Pro for me.

rewski
    Free Member

Zipvit were doing some cheap, really good quality too.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Sadly as delivery from one place took the best part of 7days there is little time to find them. Will look at those now.

messiah
    Free Member

Lusso are my favourite.

tony24
    Free Member

Funkier from Merlin cycles are fantastic for the money not see through either like some!

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Love my mavic tops but can’t find suppliers of the shorts. It’s a sea of Altura round these parts with the odd island of Endura here and there.

beej

Castelli Free Aero Race work best for me. The most expensive DHB are pretty good too. I didn’t get on with Assos, pad too thick.

I’ve also got some Giordanas and Bioracers, they’re OK as well.

spursn17
    Free Member

Santini, 50 quid from prendas.co.uk.

Usually next day delivery, and if you’re not sure what size you need you can call them and ask. Mine were spot on.

unovolo
    Free Member

My faves at a reasonable price are Lusso or DHB from Wiggle.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’ve been wearing a pair of Pro Bike Kit ones, they’re pretty comfy.

simondbarnes

Castelli Bodypaint for me. Super comfy.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Rather like Endura FS260 pros myself

MoreCashThanDash

I’m very impressed with my Howies ones, very comfy for the money.

Previously a dhb fan.

Ed2001
    Free Member

castelli,gore are good, santini too if you are on a budget but assos are still the best IMO.

mindmap3
    Free Member

My discounted Scott pro bibs from Start Cycles are ace…very very comfy.

corroded
    Free Member

Always Assos, on or off-road. Shorts and saddles are two things I don’t scrimp on!

white91
    Free Member

Assos

OmarLittle
    Free Member

+1 for Assos. Best i have is the Milles but their Unos or T Pro’s are also good and a bit cheaper.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I use Assos, they’re stupid money but mine are worn then washed several times a week and they stand up to it very well.

Marmoset
    Free Member

I really like pearl izumi select shorts, minimal padding and really comfy over several hours. Not outrageously expensive either.

mccann.ben
    Free Member

+1 Assos Millie.
    Did LEJOG no problem.

globalti
    Free Member

dhb from Wiggle, great value.

BadlyWiredDog

DHB Aeron Pro from Wiggle are great at the price. A really good chamoix that’s not bulky but works well and decent Fieldsensor fabric. Not flash or swank or showy, but better than anything else I’ve used at the price. Assos off road? No thanks, one crash and you’re 150 quid worse off…

Gore Bike Wear stuff is generally decent, but the Power 2 chamoix isn’t a patch on the DHB Pro one imo. I’ve always shied off Assos because of the price, but if I were regularly doing big miles, like 100+ on the road, 24 solos and stuff, I’d consider them seriously.

What ‘didn’t work’ about them? Pad? Cut? Fabrics?

njee20
    Free Member

Gore. Used to be Assos, but the newer ones just aren’t as good, and the prices are laughable.

jonxmack
    Free Member

Castelli for me.

FuzzyWuzzy

My order of preference is:
    1. DHB Aeron Pro
    2. Castelli Free Aero Race
    3. Assos S5 Uno

Was really disappointed by the pad in the Assos ones, it’s mahoosive and creases in mine, doesn’t seem much going on with it either (compared with say the x2 pad in the Castelli’s). I may get around to trying the Mille’s at some point but happy enough with the DHB so no real point at the moment. Castelli’s would be equal with the DHB’s but mine are a little tight so not quite as comfy ‘up front’…

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Another vote for the DHB Aeron Pro, comfy, good fit, cheap and nice, subtle styling. Top quality pad in excellent value shorts.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

-1 for DHB from me.

They’re not all bad, but I’ve ordered 3 or 4 pairs of the same shorts and they’ve almost all been different. Some have been good, the worst have been utter crap. The worst ones were made from stuch stretchy material that the bit under the pad would catch on the nose of the saddle.

The first pair were good, and the quality/durability is fine, it’s just the design’s gone downhill.

back2basics
    Free Member

long distance:
    +1 pearl izumi
    +1 assos.

commute/short
    i have some really cheap basic pad ones too – nalini – that i use for commuting and for < 40K rides, are ok and hold up well to washing almost every day

ir_bandito
    Free Member

+1 for howies. I’ve just bought another 2 pairs.
    Dead comfy, good value and nice fabric.

BadlyWiredDog

-1 for DHB from me.

They’re not all bad, but I’ve ordered 3 or 4 pairs of the same shorts and they’ve almost all been different. Some have been good, the worst have been utter crap. The worst ones were made from stuch stretchy material that the bit under the pad would catch on the nose of the saddle.

The first pair were good, and the quality/durability is fine, it’s just the design’s gone downhill.

Which ones? The Aeron Pro has been consistently good for me, I don’t know about the cheaper stuff though.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Stupid question, are the DHB Aeron Pro a good off road option if considering moving to bibs with outer shorts? Or any other bib shorts listed here for that matter?

cr500dom
    Free Member

mikey-simmo – Member
    Can I get some recommendations for some bib shorts?
    Anything as good or better if possible?

Which Shutt ones were they ? I have the Team Bibs and they are the most comfortable short I have found

soma_rich
    Free Member

My Btwin ones from Decathalon are nice £40 I think but very well put togther.

Mister-P
    Free Member

My Pearl Izumi Select bib shorts are so comfy it feels like I’m wearing nothing at all.

damitamit
    Free Member

I’m a fan of Sugoi Evolutions. Got 3 pairs. They’ve got a good pad, plus they’re cheap.

LabMonkey
    Free Member

Rapha pro-teams, or pro-team thermals if it is cold.

BadlyWiredDog

Stupid question, are the DHB Aeron Pro a good off road option if considering moving to bibs with outer shorts? Or any other bib shorts listed here for that matter?

I use them like that and they do fine. Obviously warmer than wearing Lycra on its own, but yes, good ime. They’re not cut in that ultra-roadie style so they only fit properly in a road bike tuck with the straps pulling otherwise – top-end Gore shorts and, I think, Assos are designed like that, Aeron Pros are a bit more forgiving.

adsh
    Free Member

+1 assos mille

Bought summer 2010 washed on average 3x a week a small area of stitching coming loose in the pad.

Endura – bought late 2011 – large hole in crotch.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Best bib shorts (warning Skinny wheel content)’ is closed to new replies.