Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Best Beaches inclose to Tintagel / Tregatta
  • warton
    Free Member

We’re off on our hols on friday 🙂

staying in Tregatta (Treknow to be totally precise), and i have seen there looks like a good beach very close by with Cafe / Bar / surf school etc (Trebarwith Strand)

is there anything else close by really worth a look, or will we be happy with what I’ve mentioned? 2 kids, 6 and 3, who will mainly be happy playing in the sand / sea all day…

tang
    Free Member

Crackington Haven?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Widemouth ticks boxes but much bigger? I ‘m seeing someone from Treknow later so will ask them and get back

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wrightyson
    Free Member

Trebarwith strand is our go to beach when in the area. Absolutely love it there. You do need to check the tide times though as if its not a particularly low tide then the beach isn’t there for long. Great to swim in the rocky area to the right of the slip way as the tide comes in, lifegaurds always on duty and do a good job of monitoring the varying tidal situations. Be aware so you don’t get cut off to the far right of the slip way when tide is coming in, its always funny watching people clamber the rocks whilst tring to keep dry. Food can be a bit pricey as they have zero competition. Stunning sunsets. Hugely jealous.

warton
    Free Member

cheers all, Wrightyson, you’ve got me excited 🙂

i had thought about the sunsets, i just hope the expected hot weather is going to turn up…

woody74

Polzeath is only about 25 minutes drive. The beaches around Rock are also very nice if you can get on them. The car parks get proper rammed.

fionap

Loads of great sandy beaches around Bude. Widemouth, Crooklets, Summerleaze. They’ll be a fair bit quieter than Polzeath/Rock! The cafe at Widemouth is great.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Duckpool, north of Bude at low tide is a beautiful beach.

ebygomm
    Free Member

If the tides are right (i.e. low) there’s a nice pool that forms on the beach at Trebarwith alongside some of the rocks, good for little ones

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I asked and she said whatabout Widemouth for sand and sea? It’s big with lots of space and Bude nearby if you want to grab some treats 🙂

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Treyarnon Bay is about 30 mins away and brilliant for kids.

irvb

Another vote for Trebarwith at low tide.

jam-bo

Left it too late getting out when surfing quite a big day at trebarwith once, getting out in one piece was pretty hairy. Took a few lumps out of myself and my board.

Crackington is nice, some good caves and pools at low tide. Seals too.

Bossiney is nice too if you can park.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Had my biggest day out at Crackington once, badly paddled into a wave on my shark biscuit and promptly fell off when I noticed a seal doing far better than me 20 ft along the wave :-).

I also got my biggest beating on the same day when a clean up set came in and I was deposited onto the beach.

warton
    Free Member

Thanks all, plenty to be investigating!

Hopefully the weather gods will be kind….

paulneenan76
    Free Member

All the above plus Dunsmouth, which is huge and quiet. I was down at Lusty Glaze Beach, Newquay, today. Stunning and great restaurant and snack bar on the beach – class.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Best Beaches inclose to Tintagel / Tregatta’ is closed to new replies.