Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Best beach between Central Belt and Great Glen?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

HansRey’s thread about the wedding got me wondering. That Ostel Bay looks lovely, any others to consider? Mainland or easy to get to, no remote islands.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Easy to get to, assuming you’re still in Glasgow now n again?

molgrips
    Free Member

No, finished in Glasgow for the time being. Going back to Scotland for two weeks this summer though. One week in Perth, one week somewhere else…

Sorry we never got to ride – it got busy!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No worries man.

Perth? I’d suggest the beaches around the east neuk of fife, or going in the oppo direction, the stunners around arisaig like camusdarach.

kormoran
    Free Member

Kingsbarns I reckon. If you like the east of Fife that is.

km79
    Free Member

Saltcoats. Bring a bevvy.

bedmaker

Loch Morlich has a great inland beach.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Saltcoats. Bring a bevvy

Many a fine night as a teen spent on my hometown beach, with a bag of cans…..

scotroutes

bedmaker – Member
    Loch Morlich has a great inland beach.

As does Loch Laggan. Morlich is easier for access though.

There’s also Tralee.

piemonster

Cambo Sands at Kingsbarns is a lovely weekend spot.

Crail is a nice stop as well you can add on to that, as well as the chocolate shop in Pittenween.

The East Neuk is further away than it looks on the map, at least it always feels like it. Tentsmuir south of Dundee is easier to get to and is a big beach with lots of forestry and dunes to wander in. Decent size seal colony and if your lucky you might just see the Sea Eagle.

An option if you’re trying to cram a beach in during a trip if you’re passing Edinburgh way is Silver Sands in Aberdour. There’s two beaches within an easy walk of each other and the Sands Cafe does some nice food. Not the best value for money admittedly.

Heading up the Angus coast also co sider Lunan Bay and St Cyrus (if you head here go for a look around Steptoes Yard, it’s err… definitely worth s look)

dovebiker

Knockvologan on the Isle of Mull – but it’s a fair hike as it’s at the very south end

Camusdarach at Arisaig is nice, but its relatively small and can be quite busy.

geoffj

Tentsmuir, Elie or Loch Morlich
    Depends what you want from a beach though,

tjagain

tentsmuir

CraigW
    Free Member

Culbin Sands and Findhorn beach is nice. Plenty of dunes and forest as well.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Best beach between Central Belt and Great Glen?’ is closed to new replies.