Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Best Bait for Mice?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

As above really (it’s a humane trap before anyone starts!), thanks.

Cougar

Peanut butter.

enveetee
    Free Member

oh no…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Klunk
    Free Member

nutella

CaptJon
    Free Member

snickers

molgrips
    Free Member

I also have heard peanut butter.

Or just do what we did – leave so much mess and crumbs out for it that it gets really fat and develops a sense of security. Then you can easily corner it and humanely catch it with a tupperware box, drive it out into the woods to humanely release it, where it’ll almost certainly get torn apart by an owl.

yossarian
    Free Member

Milk chocolate

2tyred

Peanut butter. They can’t get enough of it. I used a humane trap successfully last year. Be patient!

TooTall
    Free Member

Chocolate or Clif bars. Both worked well for me. It was only because the wee beggars had nibbled a Clif bar in the first place I knew they lived in my garage!

trb
    Free Member

Anything with a strong smell. Peanut butter beats Nutella which beats a nice mature chedder cheese. Cheese is good as it smells for a long time
    But for any of these to work they need to be more attractive than whatever it is that’s attracting the mice in the first place, so work out what that is and remove it.

oh and get a proper trap 😈 Humane traps are only that if the mouse doesn’t die of thirst waiting for you to turn up

franksinatra

I mixed hot choc powed with butter. Seemed to work well for me but not so well for the three dead mice that died that night.

Suppose at least they died happy!

GrahamS

We tried all sorts of chocolate and peanut butter – but the thing that really got them was the Big Cheese Mouse Bait.

About £4, comes in a little syringe and whatever is in it the mice love it.

JEngledow
    Free Member

oh and get a proper trap Humane traps are only that if the mouse doesn’t die of thirst waiting for you to turn up

It should be OK as it’s in the garage and I’m checking it every time I let the dog out! (although I would have got a proper trap, but it’s not worth the aggro from the wife 🙄 )

nacho
    Free Member

peanut butter always works for us, we normally get them a bit later in the yeasr when (I guess) they are looking for somewhere warm to spend the winter

IHN

Well if Tom and Jerry taught us anything, it’s Limburger cheese.

GrahamS

…and an anvil

aP
    Free Member

We discovered that expensive organic peanut butter might be better on toast or crumpets, but mice prefer the cheapest varieties. Chocolate didn’t work, neither did olives (yes I know, but I think these things are worth trying out).

trout
    Free Member

seem the mice in my shed like battery acid as lots of mice poo around wher I do some anodising
    they have also had a good chomp on the buffing wheel compound
    amutant ninja mice anyone

saxabar
    Free Member

A toaster

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Best Bait for Mice?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts