Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Best backpack bladder?
  • ratherbeintobago

Following on from a previous thread, what’s the panel’s verdict on the best bladders at the moment? Ideally needs to fit a Camelback Mule…

Shackleton

Platypus. No contest.

shredder
    Free Member

Osprey end of thread

qwerty
    Free Member

Camelbak FTW.

andybrad

tbh the camelbac one is very good and better flowing than most. The hyrdapack one is very good and cheap. The bladder is super flexible but appears to be very tough after years of usage. It doesnt flow as much as a camelbac but more than the platypus.

Ive also got a platypus big one. its good and the bladder is great but the flow is poor imo.

ThePinkster

I’ve used a variety from cheapo Aldi, through Hydrapak to CamelBak & Osprey and my fave is definitely the Osprey bladders, every time.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

very happy with my camelbac ones, the baffles, big hole, hook/handle for mounting in the mule, detachable hose etc. make it a good bet.

Bedds
    Free Member

Another vote for Osprey here.. great and I really like the magnetic tube restraint that fits on the chest strap

ratherbeintobago

Are Source ones still thought of highly?

nedrapier

They are by me!

As long as you don’t pack in a hurry, turn up in Norway with an open bag with a tube attached and no way to close it.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

source wide pac. really clean, saying that mine never seems to go manky no matter how long i leave it out. good bight valve with a solid off lock and detachable hose. not the cheapest but i find they last longer than many i’ve had

mtbguiding
    Free Member

Have just completed a magazine test of these. My opinion is that Source have the best reservoirs/bladders by a million miles. But the Camelbak bite valve is the best of these – I now have a Camelbak bite valve on a source bladder! The Osprey is really good, but heavy.

Email me if you want more info as I don’t check in too often – email on profile.

z1ppy

The Osprey is really good, but heavy.

Not the one I’ve just bought (how heavy can they be? Shirely not enough to make a real difference), made by Hydrapack, it bloody ace. Central baffel, hose connector, huge opening for cleaning very impressed ‘slightly’ lighter than my previous CB, that all said, the latest CB has all those features too (well not sure about opening size)

avdave2

source wide pac

Very happy with mine

wolfenstein
    Free Member

hydrapak with retrofit osprey magnetic valve for me .. owsome!

AlexSimon

I like Source for lack of required cleaning.
    Latest Camelbak 3L ones are great for shape though, with that flatter design.

I like the Platypus bladders, but not the hoses.

Haven’t tried Ospray

mtbguiding
    Free Member

Not the one I’ve just bought (how heavy can they be? Shirely not enough to make a real difference), made by Hydrapack, it bloody ace.

The 2L Hydraulic was 100g heavier than the Source (half as heavy again). It matters to me. The hose doesn’t detach from the reservoir either.

I’d happily use either but know which one I think is best.

Not sure understand the Hydrapak bit of your comment?

wallop

The only thing I dislike about my osprey pack is that the lid doesn’t feel as positive as the camelbak.

ratherbeintobago

Anyone know what (if any) is the difference between Source and Deuter reservoirs?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Ive never found anything that lets me drink faster than the camelbak. The osprey is a lovely bladder but it just doesnt flow out of the nipple as easily.

DickBarton

Osprey…design keeps the side on your back flat so the pack sits comfortably on your back. Far better than other bladders, also has a ‘frame’ to help it maintain the shape.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

If I had read this thread yesterday. I would have recommended Osprey. Really liked some touches like the magnetic holder and the frame/handle that stops the bladder slumping in your bag . However my osprey starting leaking at the bottom of the handle today and it wasn’t that old. Might try a camelback one next.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Best backpack bladder?’ is closed to new replies.