Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best audio book subscription? Audible?
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

Need to sort Dad’s Xmas present but 7.99 a month for one book sounds a bit steep owt else on the internet? Cheers.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Bump

daftvader
    Free Member

I had audible for its free month and thought it was shit! If you didn’t have a decent web connection it would keep buffering and then tell me it couldn’t download my book. And then you’d have to start over again. Plus the download manager on the pic was awful. I’d get him a library card with a library with a decent audio selection!

tmb467
    Free Member

Thing with audible – a “book” lasts for about 16 or 17hrs and you can also use the monthly “credit” for things like “a complete series of” so for me 7.99 a month is ok for the amount of time (works out about 30 – 50p an hour)

However – if listening to stuff is what he likes then there’s always a load of podcasts online for free.

Murray

Audible is great. Download over wi-fi if you want.

user-removed
    Free Member

Agreed. Had a subscription for a good few years and there’s nothing to match it (believe me, I’ve looked).

siwhite
    Free Member

Your library will give access to loads of audiobooks and is free. Not as much choice as Audible, but then not as much money either…

Mine uses software called Overdrive – you can search the site for your local library and log in using your library card number…

pictonroad

Audible user for years here, very happy with it.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

The old lads about knackered so to and from the library is out will give audible a punt

Jason
    Free Member

There are normally a few discount codes floating about for Audible. I have subscribed to it a few times and have never paid the full price. Currently on 3 months for £2.99 a month. I always use it for books for the kids to make long journeys bearable…

z1ppy

been wondering about audible myself, but am confused by the comments above. Do you not just download the audio book and add them to your device or do you have to stream them?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Yep, just download them.

greentricky
    Free Member

Audible is brilliant. I land up picking up a bunch of the daily deals, so £.99 or £1.99 for a book and saving my credits for when it’s a 3 for 1 or 2 for 1 offer, lands up working out great value and some of the books are upwards of 40 hours in length, try getting that much entertainment cheaper.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best audio book subscription? Audible?’ is closed to new replies.