Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best app for OS 25k on an iPhone?
  • jam-bo

Viewranger or memory map seem to be the main choices.

Any opinions?

And before Druidh pops up, it’s for reference not navigation…

deadkenny
    Free Member

Paper OS map from WHSmiths in one of their 2 for 1, 3 for 2 etc deals. Far cheaper for 25k maps, and they don’t run out of battery 😛

Seriously though, if it’s somewhere I really need a map, that’s what I do, then scan the bit I want, print a copy and stick it in a plastic pocket thing in the bag. Or you could scan and stick it on the phone. I don’t navigate with the stuff, just use a map to look at the area in advance or odd occasion get out on a ride to get my bearings.

But as for the apps, ViewRanger is probably the best one. The OS maps are fine, just overpriced for 25k in my opinion. I use OpenStreetMap stuff on it instead which is free, contains all the key information really plus adds contributed trails in some locations you won’t find on an OS map.

phiiiiil

I use “UK Map” which isn’t “proper” OS 25k but uses their open data and OSM data to be pretty much similar. The app is (or was, anyway) a fiver; map data is free. It’s basic but does the job for me.

Drac

View Ranger, buy the tile you need for the area and it’s cheap.

mulacs

routebuddy

Again, expensive sheets but the software is solid.

orangefatlad
    Free Member

+1 for viewranger

kiwifiz
    Free Member

And another for viewranger

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Viewranger is excellent

P20

I’m happy with memory map. I have the desktop version and therefore didnt have to buy any additional maps, just imported them from desktop

stufive
    Free Member

I have landranger os 50k its great and is all on phone so no need for wifi or phone signal

galactus
    Free Member

Outdoors GB,
    Nice OS maps all of UK covered

robsoctane
    Free Member

Won’t endomondo be ok for you? Seems to use google maps??

whatgoesup

muliplans – I scanned my 1:25000 maps in, calibrated them and now have my map collection gps linked and in my pocket when I’m riding. Hassle to set up, but well worth it

Steviebump
    Free Member

I had a belta on my iphone before I knackered it – X-motion GPS. This one or Endomundo both good Apps

philfive
    Free Member

I use memory maps but instead of 1:25000 I use 1:50000 which are cheap. It costs £10 for 25000 sqkm and has been superb for the last 2 years

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best app for OS 25k on an iPhone?’ is closed to new replies.