Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Best Ant+ heart rate strap.
  • muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’ve got a polar heart rate monitor that I’ve used for years but want something that I can use with the Garmin edge and trainer road. Should I just go for one of the Garmin ones or are there better ant+ compatible choices?

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

I’ve got a decathlon ‘Geonaute’ ANT+ strap that seems pretty good – happy pairing with both my ANT+ devices, was £28. Only had it a couple of months but it seems to be fine. No experience pairing with garmin kit however.

cp

I have a Garmin soft strap which is far better in consistency than the original hard strap. I wonder if Garmin have changed the soft strap recently as mine is slightly different to earlier ones I’ve seen.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The decathlon one is a fair bit cheaper than the garmin or suunto versions, little difficult to make out in the product shot is that a soft strap?

rossw
    Free Member

Garmin straps are not vey good. They tend to give an unreliable high heart rate, particularly when running. The answer seems to be to use a polar strap with the Garmin sender unit. This works well for me.

However, given a Decathlon one is available, it may be worth a punt.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The answer seems to be to use a polar strap with the Garmin sender unit.

Now that might be a possibility, I already have a polar strap and I’ve just seen a garmin premium strap (the soft one with the detachable sender unit) for less than the decathlon one.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Best Ant+ heart rate strap.’ is closed to new replies.