Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Best Android based satnav with offline maps
  • Potdog
    Free Member

I’m sure I saw a thread on this in the past, but can’t find it for the life of me using the forum search.

Anyway, anyone downloaded a good satnav with offline maps as I don’t want to rack up Mobile data charges while driving in France. Android based.

Cheers

dan1980
    Free Member

I use copilot, though I did get it in a sale, so didn’t pay much.

Seems pretty good for sat-nav duties to me.

jota180
    Free Member

Navfree seems to be quite good, not used it much but it was quite good when I had to find a few different places in Naples a few weeks back.

isitafox
    Free Member

Google maps, pretty sure you only need the data connection to load the route at the start then you just use the GPS

monkeychild
    Free Member

Navfree +1

crankboy
    Free Member

Navfree is very good but has a few seconds lag so you need to pay attention to your driving not the satnav when on roundabouts which is not a bad thing .

mikey74
    Free Member

Navfree seems to take some odd routes sometimes. Plus, if you choose to go a different way, it will spend the next ten minutes trying to make you turn around. Otherwise it’s pretty good.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Co Pilot is pretty good but still not as good as a proper TomTom SatNav or probably the TomTom Android App

PePPeR

Navfree is great, but I’ve been using Google Now for the past few weeks and it’s been amazing, gotten me round some truly awful traffic situations without even trying!

Comes up with alternative routes showing traffic issues and differing times really quickly too.

mikey74
    Free Member

I find Google maps crap in areas where there is poor data signal.

Potdog
    Free Member

Have downloaded Navfree for now. Got free maps for France and Spain. Not sure of difference between free maps and premium but seem pretty accurate from what I can see.

I think Google maps / navigation needs an active data connection, or at least it did last time I tried it with data roaming turned off.

I will have an idea of my route in advance, so as long as it gives me a bit of warning of junctions and exits I’ll be a happy bunny.

Just need to get an in car holder for the tablet as using it on there rather than my phone.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Best Android based satnav with offline maps’ is closed to new replies.