Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 121 total)
  • Best and worst Xmas present this year?
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

What’s the most cringeworthingly awful item that someone has seen fit to bestow upon you this year?

And any stunning surprises to make up for it?

trail_rat
    Free Member

I’ll start with best – edradour straight from the sherry cask 12yo.

If it’s anything like the port cask and other sherry cask it’s gonna be epic 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Haven’t opened them yet!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Bregante

Best: Bluetooth headphones
    Worst: A Christmas cracker quality fake gerber multi-tool from the mother in law (the third such item I’ve received from her in consecutive years!!)

Joe

I got a X27 Fiskar Splitting Axe. It’s huge.

Riksbar

Best – one of these

Not really had a bad one. 🙂

beej

Just done stocking so far.

Best – polar bear socks
    Worst – another cycling themed mug

cloudnine
    Free Member

Yay… A new kinesis HD wheelset, hope seat clamp and some single speed parts.

snap
    Free Member

Best ..zip world wales experience
    Worst …cheap Filofax

Kryton57

Im an Adidas man – Run DMC throwback – and ive just recieved a new pair of trainers i wanted.

They are black New Balance. Are New Balance trendy or will i look like a Dad that tried but failed?

st

No worst one for me so far but a bottle of gin, accompanying tonic and some new Oakleys so I’m pretty chuffed.

totalshell

proper treated the mrs this year.. posh holiday and the most expensive personalised towels for her ensuite.. in return?.. nothing.. literally nothing. think i m getting a psychic message..

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Mrs got me a framed waveform of my favourite song of all time, ‘taillights fade’ by Buffalo Tom

I was a little overexcited by my screwdrivers, magnetic parts tray and Guy Martin bobble hat too

prawny

I got a park tools chain scrubber and a bottle of JD.

Fairly happy with both of them.

Kids are happy with all of their stuff, which is the most important thing.

Worst present is the huge Lego sets we bought my daughter. I’ve got to spend the rest of the day sprawled across the floor. Not going to be fun after lunch.

mooman
    Free Member

best … bottle of Oban.
    worst … pod type coffee maker

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ok I’ve changes my mind. My parents surprised me and the wife with a delonghi magnifica .

Worst .

A candle set that says home sweet home on some stones in a glass bowl. -but I shouldn’t be surprised same person got us a candle holder shaped like bhuda last year.

martinhutch

best … bottle of Oban.
    worst … pod type coffee maker

Some fancy coffee pods. I don’t have a pod type coffee maker…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

🙂

takisawa2

Best: Most of a fat bike.
    Worst: Hasnt been one yet.

Actually it would have been the bottle of generic nondescript Chardonnay from work.
    But, as I was collecting it from HR a maintinance engineer walked in with a bottle of single malt and offered to swap…lucky. 🙂

uphillcursing
    Free Member

The best present is a Katana I made for the smallest cursing. Piece of Oak and planed down to shape, painted in the shed on Xmas eve and given to him after lunch today.
    Happier with that than all the shop bought stuff he got. This has made me immensely happy.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Best: Skills Course
    Worst: Bottle of ‘real’ ale / bitter something like that – I’m not a fan, but it did come with a nice glass and I only add it as I needed a worst.

kayak23

Everything I could have axed for…

Haven’t got a worst.

weeksy

Retractable super heavy duty ratchet straps.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

No worst present here,
    Prayed single malt selection pack,chocolate etc
    and a custom print courtesy of Binners from MsD

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Best… Google daydream headset.
    Worst… Phil Collins autobiography.! 😯

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Best: POC VPD 2.0 DH Long Knee Pads – a lot better than the ancient Dainese stuff I’ve used in the past.

Worst: The flu. WHOOOOO!

ton

best. open pic to play.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QukbVJ]20161225_123341[/url] by 20ston, on Flickr

mikewsmith
    Free Member

All I wanted was a safe passing distance, didn’t get it

colournoise

Boba Fatt – Member
    Mrs got me a framed waveform of my favourite song of all time, ‘taillights fade’ by Buffalo Tom

What a cool idea (files away for future gift reference).

Best. Toss up between some Adidas Terrex trail running shoes or a Troika clutch pencil (stationery geek time). Also got a VERY nice wooden pen from my sister in law.

Worst. Feel quite bad for saying this, but a Cath Kidston mug with 1950s racing cars on it that one of my Y8 students gave me…

Drac

Best –

Worst – there’s not one really

They are black New Balance. Are New Balance trendy or will i look like a Dad that tried but failed?

Yeah Adidas is where it’s at.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Holy shit there’s a good bunch of presents amongst this lot!

Imagine receiving all of these together in one go..

maxtorque

Awesomely Awful:

The 2017 Putin Calendar

😆

leffeboy

So bad it’s good. Wants

phil40
    Free Member

Best is my Lego technics arocs Mercedes lorry! It is blooming massive and it is going to happily fill Boxing Day……….and some more! The instruction manual is nearly an inch thick!

Worst was a toy frog that croaks oh come all ye faithful! i am in a competition with my parents for most tacky Christmas present and they have won this year by some margin!

jimmy

Well, we didn’t really do presents this year and donated to charities instead. Which comes under Good.

Nice shower gel, BAM pants and a bug hotel aren’t bad though for the stocking fillers.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I did well! (want that Audi above though. And the Putin calendar, incredible gift)

redthunder
    Free Member

I did’nt get any presents. But then again I did’nt give any out. Everybody I know seems to be well covered for things and general Tut.

However,

The Putin calendar ^^ is just great. So bad, its Good.

Hint, hint….. perhaps a PDF could be be made 🙂

PS No such thing as a bad present, at least you got one. Many people in this world dont have pot to piss in.

Cougar

Best: new watch.

That right there is an AMOLED screen.

Don’t think I have a worst.

TheFlyingOx

No worst, but I’m the happy recipient of a bottle of 12 year old Glenlivet, a hob-top griddle plate, a Raspberry Pi v3 and a weekend away somewhere in Ireland with the missus.

ThePilot
    Free Member

Best: Seeing my dog play with her new toys before taking her for a long walk in the sunshine
    Worst: The guests. An arguing couple who have decided to split up after they spend one last Christmas together. I’ve heard the other c word more times this morning than I have Christmas.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 121 total)

The topic ‘Best and worst Xmas present this year?’ is closed to new replies.