Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best and Most Reliable Airbed
  • smiffy

I want an airbed for car-camping and guest-stopovers at home.

I’ve had no end of Millets cheapies and they always end up going down after a few uses, but so slowly it’s a pig to find the leak.

Is there a decent one out there that anyone is aware of?

Cougar

The problem you’ve got here is that airbeds of the ‘inflatable mattress’ type are inherently crap.

Have a look at these.

vinnyeh

Thermarest luxury map if you’re not on too much of a budget- you can get it for a hundred. They’ve got a big budget sleep system to go with it, which will cost you a fortune, too.
    else the Alpkit Dozer linked above, but that looks out of stock.

stumpy01

This is what you want for the home!

http://www.pitch.tv/eazy-air-beds.aspx

My sister bought one of these:

http://www.aerobed.co.uk/index.asp

for her spare room & it’s very comfortable. Not sure of the exact model, but it’s one of the raised ones.

The ones we use for camping never seem to last long, until we bought a ‘lilo’ style one from Argos.
    Like this: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3402832/Trail/searchtext%3EAIR+BED.htm
    only thing is it has a very narrow inflation hole so takes bloody ages to inflate & deflate.

smiffy

The problem you’ve got here is that airbeds of the ‘inflatable mattress’ type are inherently crap.

that’s the conclusion I’ve come to.

I must add, it needs to be Mrs Smiffy compatible, too.

sam_underhill

I’ve got an aerobed with rechargeable pump which is super comfortable. On the downside, there’s a lot of air in it and it can feel a bit cold on chillier nights. A nice thick sleeping bag should resolve that though!

5lab

gelert ones are nice and cheap on ebay. Seem to last me a year or 2 then get a slow leak and I just buy another

smiffy

The trouble is the night it gets the slow leak has a miserable and cold morning and doesn’t help Mrs. Smiffy’s demeanor. I’m happy to spend a bit more and have some assurance that it’ll stay up.

AndyRT
    Free Member

thermarest, and you can clip 2 together to make the double. That’s my plan (same issue with (better)half).

Blackhound

Been using a Thermarest for 11 years now. Bit priceier but you get what you pay for I suppose.

muggomagic

I bought one of these recently and it’s the 1st airbed we’ve had that stays fully inflated through the night, I have only had cheap airbeds before though.

Campingaz quickbed

Cougar

gelert ones … last me a year or 2 then get a slow leak and I just buy another

That’s pretty much their pricing model, in my experience.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best and Most Reliable Airbed’ is closed to new replies.