Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Best AM/Enduro shorts…..that wont break the bank
  • timthetinyhorse

Need some new shorts.

Don’t want to spend a fortune.

what do people recommend

mark90
    Free Member
    joebristol

Second the humvees – bought a pair a few months back and they’ve been good. Only previously had one pair of baggy shorts with a cycling liner to compare to (Louis Garneux) and they were a horrible fit in comparison to the humvees.

kimbers

also have the zenith and they are a bit nicer, but not as long lasting, still a great short

honourablegeorge

Set of discount troy lee Skylines or ruckus off CRC

jekkyl

what sort of waist closure does the hummvees have?
    is it a button through a hole or 2 metal catches and hooks (not sure of correct term but you know what I mean) or what?

mboy
    Free Member

I’ve got a few pairs of Madison shorts now, but for the money, the Zeniths really take some beating.

WAY better than the Endura Hummvee, longer lasting, more comfortable, better fit etc.

mark90
    Free Member

Hummvee are a through button.

also have the zenith and they are a bit nicer, but not as long lasting

Yes the Zenith do seem like they might not last as long as they are a lighter material. Only time will tell. I do like the stretch though.

kimbers

my zeniths wore a hole in under a year, the enduras are a bit flappier but have lasted me longer- Id buy both again tbh

endura has a button thru a hole

spawnofyorkshire

I’ve had both Zenith and Hummvee. Would go Zenith each time and just did the other day with a new pair

Troy Lee Moto

End

ads678

The zeniths look good but unlike the Hummvees they don’t come with a liner according to the two links up there ^^^

I bought some Hummvees when they were cheap at wiggle the other week and the liner is great, IMO.

So £5 cheaper and come with a liner would do it for me.

rascal
    Free Member

Madison Alpines are nice.
    Very little in the way of pockets though…nice fastening too.
    Also have Hummvees which are pretty good.

johnhe

Crap. Just paid £45 for Humvees in my local store (CRC Belfast). Wish I’d read this first.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Really like Intrepid Campaign and Freemotion shorts at the moment, but they have just gone back up to full price. Probably best shorts I’ve owned – some really nice touches.

What are the ‘bank’s parameters?

zero-cool
    Free Member

Endura Singletrack shorts and MT500s have been my favourites for years. Mine have lasted years and no sign of giving up the ghost yet.

Tom KP

superfli
    Free Member

I like the slightly stretchy material. Got some Madison flux and a pair of flare rider. Both very comfy shorts.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Ive had 2 pairs of zeniths and the zips on pockets and fly have gone on both pairs, I do like the Roams Im trying out at the minute..

lunge

As ever, get thee to Decathlon, their baggy shorts as almost as good as their bib shorts. Link.

Edit, I do accept that I don’t know exactly what an Enduro short looks like. I have Humvee’s as mentioned above and the 900 shorts from Decathlon and I much prefer the 900’s.

Northwind

Altura Mayhems- they cost £30, come with a chamois (which might be crap, I don’t know, never used it) and they’ve lasted forever. The 7 year old pair I got free with a mag subscription still looks almost new.

(it’s a discontinued model now so you might struggle to find the right size- but there’s a new equivalent that’s about the same, I forget the name)

bullandbladder
    Free Member

http://www.jejamescycles.com/polaris-am-500-repel-pants-black-cyan.html?gclid=CPiB65S099MCFaW17QodJOoDBg

Best shorts I’ve ever used. Way longer-lasting than anything I’ve had from Endura.

NormalMan

I’ve got a pair of humvee 3/4s that I like so now have added the shorts thanks to this thread!

zero-cool
    Free Member

The top end Decathlon baggies are also good (and cheap) as are the Altura Mayhems (I’d still be wearing mine now but my thighs are a bit too chunky for them nowadays. I’d still go for Singletracks or MT500s Myself though.

Tracey

Have a look on Start Fitness at their Scott sale. Well made and won’t cost an arm and a leg if they have your size left

scuttler

I got Singletracks – does that mean I’m allowed to do enduro? Am I seriously in a sport so far up its own arse that it has specific shorts for ‘riding up and down a bit faster than normal, occasionally against the clock’. Are the pockets somehow different or is it just the ‘colorway’. Please help.

I got Singletracks – does that mean I’m allowed to do enduro? Am I seriously in a sport so far up its own arse that it has specific shorts for ‘riding up and down a bit faster than normal, occasionally against the clock’. Are the pockets somehow different or is it just the ‘colorway’. Please help

Ironically, it’s probably you that could do with lightening up a bit 😉

submarined
    Free Member

I’m going to go against the flow… 😮
    This is one of the only places I’ve seen people sing the praises of Hummvees – I really don’t like mine, and I’d be miffed if I’d paid full price. In fact, one of my riding buddies was miffed at what he got when he paid full price.
    In fact, everyone I’ve spoken to with them on the trail really dislikes them!

The cut is too short, the DWR coating is lip service and nothing else, the cut of the liner is a little bit odd, there are far too many pockets (seriously, who stuffs that much junk in? I mean, I know it’s good to have options and all…)
    The fabric is rough and inflexible, the crotch is cut really weirdly, and the belt is stupid as it’s really uncomfy, and the sizing is mad.

I’d spend a bit more and get something else. I have some TLD Skyline Race short which are the complete opposite of the Enduras, that can be had for about £50. Which is still a good price considering they come with a liner. They’re super comfortable, cut well, dry fast, the waist adjustment is perfect, and despite the really light fabric, seem really durable (I crash a LOT). Only issues are the lack of waterproofing (but the HummVees are crap at that anyway) and the lack of zipped pockets.

Best thing about Hummvees is the price. For the 25 quid I paid they’re not crap enough to return them, but I certainly wouldn’t pay more.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Morvelo RAD shorts (Ride and Descend) Light, zip pockets, good fabric, comfy sized as it said on the description.

shredlyjoe82
    Free Member

Have to agree with @bullandbladder best trail shorts I have had are

http://www.polaris-bikewear.co.uk/AM-500-Repel-Mountain-Biking-Short-p/pol01-5333-p.htm, so comfy and a nice length

Also, have their Descent Shorts, wearing them at the moment with the sun showing its face, http://www.polaris-bikewear.co.uk/Am-Descent-Mountain-Biking-Shorts-p/pol01-5464-p.htm and looks like they are only £45 at the mo!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Endura zyme are bombproof, which is disappointing, cos they’re really shit and I wanted them to die. Ended up binning them in the end.

Madison, end of. Cracking shorts and best warranty around.

BillOddie

Dakine 8 Track, best shorts eva!

They’ll be on sale somewhere.

hainman
    Free Member

Ive had a pair of MT500’s for couple of years and they are great,Have Intrepid apparel ones but like them that much i haven’t actually ridden in them,Nice green ones,Also have Raceface Ambush shorts,I got most of mine in sale so eve more of a bargain

gnusmas

+1 for RF Ambush shorts, got 2 pairs about 4 years ago, still look like new and thats with wearing them on a daily basis too, not just riding.

daddyoe
    Free Member

Been running a pair of Specialized Enduro shorts for about 4 years (I don’t smell they’re just bomb proof)

Will find them discounted, will look for a link

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Best AM/Enduro shorts…..that wont break the bank’ is closed to new replies.