Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best allen key set – NOT multi tool
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Got a chain tool so would like a decent set of Allen keys – torx 25 would be a bonus but not really essential as the disc bolts (touch wood) have NEVER come loose.

can this be beaten at £7.50?
    Park Fold Up Hex Wrench Set 1.5 – 6mm

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

The wee park ones are excellent- very good quality. They don't do one with a Torx bit seperate, but hard to beat quality wise- they're as nice as their work shop keys.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Bondhus. Not the cheapest but they are the best.

tron
    Free Member

Bondhus make the Park ones. The Bondhus tools are identical.

chakaping
    Free Member

I'd recommend these very highly…

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/LifeLine_Hex_Key_Set/5360026437/?referid=froogusa&source=googleps

Worth getting a set of separate ones and the ball-ends come in very useful.

FuzzyWuzzy

Assuming you want something to take out on a ride the Park set you linked to is hard to beat, for a workshop I'd get the normal Park set (or Bondhus one)

racing_ralph
    Free Member

should have said – foldable

uplink
    Free Member

Facom Plastic handle T bars are very good but about £8-10 each

Snap-on make a good fold up set that aren't too dear

bassspine
    Free Member

I have (…counts) four of the Park AWS10s. I've used them daily in the workshop for a decade, I carry one in my bike tool kit, one in my home toolbox and thee seems to be an extra floating around. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

(I also use a Halfords professional allen key set in the workshop – good quality and life time warranty.)

uplink
    Free Member
    Lionheart
    Free Member

Have the Snap On foldable here, most accurate allen keys in the garage which includes two 'pro' sets from others

steveh

Bondhus again for me, the biggest benefit being their lifetime warranty. I'm on my third set in 10 years now and when they need changing one quick call/email to the uk importer and a new set are in the post to me next day.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best allen key set – NOT multi tool’ is closed to new replies.