Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • best all round grease?
  • ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Probably been asked, I did search but couldnt find it!

Doing a full strip and rebuild on the bike, as pivot bearings are gone and need replacing so figured I would do headset etc.

I have prep m is this sufficent for pivot and headset? Have pedros bio grease will this do for my hubs?

Or reccomend a good one?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Silkolene RG for me at the moment which seems to like everything.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Off hand I can’t think of any bicycle area that would require any special grease, but sticky and waterproof is good. So Castrol CL or my preferred Moss K99 works a treat.

If you want to pay more for re-bradned boutique greases from companies that don’t even manufacture lubricants, be my guest.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

No I dont tucker I just want the best for my bike

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Whats the difference between castrol cl and lm grease?

nealy
    Free Member

If you want to pay more for re-bradned boutique greases from companies that don’t even manufacture lubricants, be my guest.

Not sure if Rock n Roll would come under this category but I’m getting very good results with their stuff.

Mobil1 synthetic is also meant to be very good

damitamit
    Free Member

I’ve always listened to this: http://www.offroadadventures-online.com/tips3.html

Castrol CL.

dannyh
    Free Member

Depends on what you are using it for. I like the sticky red Teflon type ones for anything that needs ‘packing’ like headsets. Metal to metal or threads I think copper grease from halfords does the biz. Nothing flashy as there’s usually plenty of mud and water flying about when we ride in the UK. It’ll find its way in somehow.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘best all round grease?’ is closed to new replies.