Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • best all round for damp, muddy riding – Bonty Mud or Spesh Storm ?
  • iainc

I have been using Mud x for last few years from Sept through to March having swopped from draggy Trailrakers. Wondering how Spesh Storm Control compares to the Mud X ?

Natural soggy west of Scotland riding.

nuke

Very similar, there’s not much beteeen them from my experience. Get whatever is on cheapest plus add Maxxis Medusa to the list

iainc

Thanks, the Bontys have a fair amount of life left so will probs just stick that on back and keep a purgatory on front

DanW
    Free Member

Another to throw in the mix is the Schwalbe Dirty Dan.

Great in proper mud and as fast if not faster than a Mud-X on the smooth and flat.

I found the Mud-X to be particularly good on wet roots and rocks and the Dirty Dans are right up there in that respect too.

The main advantage then over the Mud-X (besides a little additional speed) is they are damn light at 445g. I got mine for £20 from a well known German retailer.

Stick to the Mud-X if you are going to be giving sidewalls a hard time, otherwise go for the Dirty Dan 😀

iainc

Thanks all, mud x will remain till it’s done I think !

ratherbeintobago

I found the Mud-X to be particularly good on wet roots and rocks

Funny that, as I found them to be utterly grip-free on wet rock.

They were excellent in proper mud, though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘best all round for damp, muddy riding – Bonty Mud or Spesh Storm ?’ is closed to new replies.