Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best all-mountain rims you can buy separately?
  • timnwild

Got nice hope hubs, but the DT Swiss rims are beaten to poo. Fancy an upgrade, but to what? Stans ZTR? DT Swiss again? They need to be at the tougher end of the spectrum, but not DH.

ta

sambob
    Free Member

Flow EX. Using Arch EX on my 29er and they’re awesome, very easy to set up tubeless.

wl
    Free Member

By the time you’ve bought a decent rim, spokes and build, is it worth it compared to ready-built wheels? I’m only asking because it’s a dilemma I’m in too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    reggiegasket
    Free Member

Flow EX on the front and EX721 out back.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Flog your hubs on ebay or classifieds and buy Flow EX Hope Hoops.

passtherizla
    Free Member

reggiegasket – Member
    Flow EX on the front and EX721 out back.
    POSTED 9 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

This is what I’m going to have to go with I reckon after pretty much ruining a flow ex last week. £65 for replacement Vs £50…

Northwind

Stans rims are expensive as standalone, I think we tend to forget that because so many folks buy them in builds.

A Mavic ending in 21 will do the job nicely, personally I’d want the tubelessness of an Arch or Flow Ex and I’d consider it worth paying. Pacenti seem a good option but not as proven.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Best, or best value?

Best would probably be an ENVE AM rim, but that depends if you are happy enough to spend ~£700 on a rim alone…

On a more sensible basis, The E13 TRS rims are very light for their size, and positively cheap by comparison.

Or again by comparison, the Stan’s rim are the poverty edition. I’d probably run an Arch EX on the front & a Flow on the back, or a couple of Arch’s built with some decent, stiff spokes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best all-mountain rims you can buy separately?’ is closed to new replies.