Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Best alarm clock with low light
  • turneround

Not sure if one exists but does anyone know if you can buy an alarm clock that has a light that doesn’t glare or,is of a colour that doesn’t prompt your body to go into wake mode when you look at the display. I know phones emit a light that do this.

mikey74
    Free Member

I use a Phillips Fidelio dock that takes the time from the phone, acts as a Bluetooth speaker and charges the phone. I then use the Twilight app to dim my phone screen and change the tint. I also turn the brightness on the phone all the way down.

The time is the only thing displayed on the dock so it’s not that bright. I think you can adjust the brightness in the Phillips app, but you may need to check that bit.

cranberry
    Free Member

Braun radio controlled alarm clock

Always set at the right time and it doesn’t light up until the alarm sounds or if you press a button on it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    qwerty
    Free Member

Doesn’t tick, press down for back light, crescendo alarm, radio controlled.

http://www.braun-clocks.com/clocks/bnc007-dcf-classic-european-radio-controlled-alarm-clock.html

nedrapier

and turn your phone upside down.

AlexSimon

We got some red film and tint film to go over a large (I normally wear glasses) LCD one from Amazon. Works well. The films were 99p each from ebay.

wilburt
    Free Member

John Lewis bedside dab clock radio, goes to a very muted tone whilst still visible.

prawny

Can you wear a watch in bed?

I use the vibrate alarm on my Garmin Vivoactive HR. Doesn’t wake the Mrs up, does wake me up.

Happy days.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I’ve got a Pure DAB alarm, sorry don’t know the model. It’s bright and glarey when the room light is on then dulls itself to just visible when the light goes out.

DezB
    Free Member

My old Sony one has 4 levels of illumination on the clock face – from ‘off’>’dim’>’bright’. It’s an iPod dock, so might not be what you’re after, but similar clock/radio/alarm type devices are available, like this Sony with “adjustable display brightness for comfort viewing” 🙂
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7453870

siwhite
    Free Member

Can you wear a watch in bed?

I use the vibrate alarm on my Garmin Vivoactive HR. Doesn’t wake the Mrs up, does wake me up.

Happy days.

This, except with a first gen Apple watch. You can set a dim red ‘sleeping’ screen in case you wake and want to know the time, and the watch easily wakes me through vibration without disturbing anyone else. I pop it on charge for 10 minutes while I’m in the shower and the battery is full by the time I leave the house.

prawny

That’s interesting, as the need for charging is the reason I didn’t get an apple watch, and didn’t think I’d be able to wear it over night.

Hmm.

benp1

I have one that projects on the ceiling, so you can don’t have to move to check the time. It’s great, and fairly dim. The digital clock face isn’t lit, just the projected time

It’s an Oregon one, had it for years

turneround

cheers

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Best alarm clock with low light’ is closed to new replies.