Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best 650B rear wheel
  • leftyboy
    Free Member

I’m looking to buy anew rear wheel as follows:

650b
    142×12
    Tubeless ready/easily setup tubeless
    SRAM 11 speed compatible
    Spare parts readily available
    Running 2.3 rear tyre and have limited clearance so needs to be standard width rim (I think)

Currently thinking about a Hope Evo2 with XD Driver but not sure about rim?

Any alternatives that meet the above.

If it helps the bike is a Whyte T-130 Works (2015), I’m 13st in riding gear, mostly stay on the ground and ride around the Winchester.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Shocked there’s no opinion about wheels on STW!

slordy
    Free Member

I bent the sram rear i had on my G150 works so bought a set of Hope enduro tech wheels with pro2 evos, i’m 15st ride in lakes mainly and have had no problems so would highly recommend

mattyfez

LB carbon rim.

That was easy.

benpinnick

Wait a couple of weeks and get a Pro 4.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Can’t fault my spank oozy 295 wheel set, light and strong.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

pro2 evo on DT ex471

funkrodent

Have Stans Arch Ex on pro 2. I’m 6’4, weigh 17 stone (being generous) and ride unsympathetically around the NW. Never had a problem, great wheels

wrecker
    Free Member

I have pro 2 evo with ex471 and a set of XM1501. The 471 is bombproof, but the hubs on the 1501 (DT 240s) are so superior to the hopes, it’s not even a competition. My Mavic IST4’s were too. The hope is the best value, but it’s draggy.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Thanks All

So a Hope or a DT hub with either Stans Arch Ex or DT ex471 or a Hope enduro tech seems OK.

Would wait for the Pro 4 but currently have no back wheel at all and want to ride! Actually have 2 ROAM40 back wheels but no freehub body and no ETA from Fishers on when they will have stock so effectively no back wheel!

Not thinking of carbon due to cost but will look at the XM1501 to see what they can be had for.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

I have 650B Arch EX on Hope Pro2 – nice wheels, running tubeless. Was thinking about the Hope Enduro rim, but apparently it’s not quite as easy to run tubeless as the Stan’s, according to the bike shop I bought them from.

Couple of small holes from the manufacturing process that can leak air if the rim tape shifts slightly. I’ve not had these rims, this is from the LBS.

leftyboy
    Free Member

OK so called my LBS and they’re looking at what they can get from Hope ASAP as i’d really like to ride my Whyte rather than my XC HT at Swinley on Weds night 🙂

smatkins1
    Free Member

or a Hope enduro tech seems OK

I would advise avoiding these. I’ve got a pair of 650b hope tech enduro wheels and I’m disappointed with them. The rims are too narrow and they’re not very strong. Which would be understandable if they were very light, but they’re not. I wish I hadn’t bought them.

benpinnick

Just had a chap in to swap his Roam 40s for a set of carbon TR30s. He’s going to sell them – you could start a collection 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best 650B rear wheel’ is closed to new replies.