Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Best 5" travel bike for my misses circa £950?
  • alexxx
    Free Member

My misses wants a bike to come on rides with me and my Foxy… what do you think I should be setting my sights on for this price range – second hand only – my thoughts are specialized pitch, older commencial metas? any ideas!?

Also shes a shade under 5ft11 should I get her a medium or large – I ride a large and I’m the same height but I guess her legs will be longer and arms shorter? is that usually the case?

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

link to pitchgot a medium specialized pitch for sale have a look at my add

batman11
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

When your looking at second hand try and get her to throw a leg over as many that you can see then hit the classifieds/ebay

z1ppy

Why just 2nd hand, this Boardman looks great value, & has the new ‘bring the trails alive’ wheel size too 😉

scarlett
    Free Member

Buy the Pitch. Now. Seriously.

I’m a ‘MTB girlfriend’. Only got into it because of the boyf and a friend of mine. I always enjoyed it on my previous bikes – a Camber then a Trance – but buying a second hand 2008 Pitch Comp has made me love it. The bike handles well, feels super stable, and copes brilliantly with everything I throw at it, plus I love the Pikes. So far it’s taken me round FOD and Glentress as well as our local trails (Surrey Hills/Swinley) and given me a huge confidence boost. I’m taking it to the Alps in August and I know that it will fill in the massive holes in my skill levels and help me down the tough stuff.

Size wise I’d get her to try a medium if you can, my OH is 6′ and rides a medium, IMO it’s a bike that’s better a little smaller so you can chuck it about a bit.

alexxx
    Free Member

Thanks Scarlett, we live in Morzine and shes not phased when it comes to riding mates downhill bikes but I didn’t really know what pedally bike to get – I always thought the pitch was a bit portly for a pedally bike but it does seem cheap so I’ll run it by her

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best 5" travel bike for my misses circa £950?’ is closed to new replies.