Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best 2yr old's Helmet?
  • skybluestu
    Free Member

1 x Isla rohan..tick but which helmet to buy. Ideas anyone?

Cheers

andysredmini
    Free Member

I bought a Giro Me2 as its the only one that didn’t make my daughter look like a mushroom from super Mario.

Harry_the_Spider

My kids have Trek and Bontrager ones. The retention thingie on the back is like on an adult lid so there is a lot of adjustment.

peabrain
    Free Member

We got a Uvex Hero which looks good but for my son’s head shape doesn’t quite seem to fit right 🙁

ads678

My two both had/have spesh small fry’s (toddler version). IMO very good fitting helmet.

tomlevell

One that fits.

We got the smallest Specialized and to be honest it didn’t fit well on either of ours.
    Next size up Giro and Specialized are good though.

jonathan
    Free Member

Giro Me2 here, which suited both ours, but was a bit small for a friend’s 2 year old.

Youngest has moved onto a Uvex Hero – lovely helmets and fits him well (he’s on his second having written one off), but as said I think their basic shape is quite different to some other makes.

We’ve been lucky – bought online and they’ve fitted fine. The difficulty at that age is getting them something, them trying it, and then you having to wrench it off them to send back as it’s the wrong size. Never went down well with our two! So shop trying is probably best if you can do it 😉

peabrain
    Free Member

Yup, our problem with the Uvex Hero is that even when it is tightened up, it still slips up the forehead – especially in the advent of a faceplant 🙁

fisha
    Free Member

I bought a specialized for my little one. I measured his head and found that a lot of hats only went up to that size and then jumped to a much large size bracket. The spesh had a size range that spanned the gap in other makes. It fits perfect and has plenty of space to grow yet. I can’t remember off the top if my head the model but there was lots of colour and design variations.

cynic-al
    Free Member

As ever, whatever fits.

fisha
    Free Member

It was a specialized flash helmet.

gonzy
    Free Member

my son and daughter use bell bellino helmets

Sui
    Free Member

My Son has just gone from a Samll Fry up to a MET Genio – its got a cool little LED on the twist fastner thing. Need to go and get the Daughter a new one as well..

hatter

We tried Hatter Jr on a Giro at first, he hated is so much he actually tore clumps of his own hair out trying to get it off when he was sat in the Chariot. Also tried Specialized, similar reaction.

At around 20 months we finally tried a Lazer P’nut and it was like night and day, he happily walks round the house in it. Great little lid, the retention system and padding is streets ahead of what you usually get on kids stuff.

My only regret is that we didn’t get the MIPS version, when he outgrows this one we’ll be getting him the bigger version with MIPS.

If budget is a concern I’d say MET but if you don’t mind paying £35+ for a kids lid then Lazer all the way.

mrblobby
    Free Member

It’s got crocodiles on it so according to blobby jr it is the best…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best 2yr old's Helmet?’ is closed to new replies.