Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best 1k bike for the components?
  • chestrockwell

Hi all. I’m tempted to get a hard tail and plan to use the bike to work scheme. I quite fancy having a look at a Bird or Cotic but neither can be bought c2w so I’m thinking about buying a frame then getting a complete bike c2w and swapping the parts over to the frame of my choice.

With that in mind what’s the best bang for buck 1k-ish bike if you ignore the frame? Obviously the On-Ones show up well but wondered if I should be looking at any others?

Any help will be appreciated. 😀

Bregante

Sonder (alpkit) Transmitter looks worth a closer look I reckon.

And I’m pretty sure bird do cycle to work?

Sonder do.

benp1

You should probably define what C2W scheme you can use, as that will be quite a limiter

eg Evans, Halfords, independent

andeh

You can get Cotic on C2W, you just have to order via a dealer.

chestrockwell

Cheers for the responses. I’ll have to check exactly which scheme it is but most LBS’s are available along with Merlin, CRC, etc.

Couldn’t see anything on the Bird website but will do some digging. Also didn’t know Cotic sell through shops………

Bregante

I’ve just read it on the Bird website but am on phone and can’t link but it is vague and just says they accept certain cycle to work vouchers.

chestrockwell

Thanks mate, I’ll have a look.

andeh

Yep, I’m ordering my Escapade via C2W through 18 Bikes. There’s a list of cotic dealers on the website.

chestrockwell

Ta. Just seen a localish shop is a dealer too so time for a trip up that way.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best 1k bike for the components?’ is closed to new replies.