• This topic has 20 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by bol.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • best 120mm fork Turner Flux (good deal too)
  • sefton
    Free Member

Any suggestions on what the best fork ideally under £400 for a turner flux (120mm)

anyone seen any great offers around?

sefton
    Free Member

anyone?

RustyMac
    dickie
    Free Member

RS SID 120 QR15 RLT Ti on mine, was £449 from On One. Its that good at that price I bought another pair for a another bike.

sefton
    Free Member

now you’ve done it rockshox or fox – arhhh

got to get a good deal though! 😀

can you wind down the fox to 100mm like the reba?

sam_underhill

You wouldn’t want to wind down the SIDs to 100mm on a flux.

I’ve also got 120mm SID RLT Ti on my flux. They are the dogs danglies.

Rockshoxs are simple to setup, easy to service (and less often than the equivalent fox model).

sefton
    Free Member

I’m currently running 100mm sid race, but toying with the idea of selling these and getting 120mm!

the bike scene offer above looks great

dickie
    Free Member

TFT advised me RS were easier to service etc.
    I went from 09 F120 to 2011 RS SID 120 & the SID is miles better.
    The offer on the F120 is excellent but I’d check if it the FIT damping.

There was some SID 120mm QR15 XX on the classifieds late last week.

sefton
    Free Member

heard there’s problems with the fox only giving 100mm of travel?

whats fit dampering?

bol

Worth considering the Fox terralogics at Merlin. A bit over your budget, but amazing, and I reckon they’d really suit the dw link (not that I’ve ridden a Flux mind you).

sefton
    Free Member

whats the difference between the bikescene fox’s and merlins?

campfreddie
    Free Member

i’m using Revelation RLT dual airs shimmed down to 120mm… i picked these because they were a good deal at the time and I wanted a 20mm maxle to make things uber-stiff at the front end.

if you bring a pair of revs down to 120mm, you have effectively a Reba anyway.

oh, and they are super stiff, super plush and super reactive… i love them… i now have a bomb-proof super-stiff 120mm/105mm travel playbike.

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/Frame++Forks/Forks++Shocks/Rockshox+Suspension+Forks/2011+Revelation+RLT+-+140mm+-+20mm+Maxle_RS-REVELATION-RLT.htm

mine are as above but in white.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I wonder whether the rebas might be a better move than the SIDs for 120mm – as you have 100mm SID anyway and if you are buying 120mm you probably want them for hitting things a bit harder – and the rebas will be a touch stiffer I would have thought.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

You wouldn’t want to wind down the SIDs to 100mm on a flux

you might – this guy reckons the 100mm has advantages and the 120mm has advantages:

http://forums.mtbr.com/turner/review-turner-flux-dw-link-120mm-vs-100mm-fork-732356.html

bol

whats the difference between the bikescene fox’s and merlins?

The terralogics are have a valve a bit like the spesh brain which dials out any user-induced bob. Basically they only react to the terrain. I’ve been running them for a year and I think they’re excellent.
    Merlin f120 terralogics

The other Bikescene ones are just basic open bath OEM ones as far as I can see, and don’t have the Kashima coating.

bol

Sorry, I’m a clutz. The merlin ones are QR. Take no notice of me.

sefton
    Free Member

I can only have QR

campfreddie
    Free Member

the chaps at Turner in the states seem to think 120mm works great… i emailed them before confirming my order and they were very positive of the merits… i guess they are trying to distance the flux from the 5-spot as much as possible, but in reality, a 120mm/105mm ‘playbike’ is great for lots of the UK (although the 5-spot would be far far far better for alpine stuff)

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Just for info I run 110-140 dual air U-turn Revs with 20mm Maxle on my Flux.I only originally did this cos I already had them.
    Normally set on 120 but have (very occasionally) reduced them for really steep climbs and also extended them to 140 for prolonged descents eg Garburn, Whinlatter etc and I think it works well.
    I know I would probably invalidate my warranty at 140 but prepared to take my chances.
    It doesn’t climb well at all set at 140 though!!!!!
    Cheers
    Steve

bol

I can only have QR

I’d recommend them then if you can stretch to them.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘best 120mm fork Turner Flux (good deal too)’ is closed to new replies.