Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bespoke suits (online)
  • bearnecessities

Not a vanity thread, simply I seem to have morphed into some odd shape where no ‘off the shelf’ suits fit me anymore, and I don’t have £700+ per suit for in-store tailored.

Does anyone have experience of these online companies? Some of their prices seem too good to be true.

(I’m in Leeds if anyone knows a good tailor where bespoke can be had for around £300!)

Thanks

bearnecessities

Anyone? 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

I did it once and it was a waste of time and money. I’d have done better to go to M&S and buy a Mix ‘n Match suit and trousers.

Altenatively Boundary Mill Stores in Colne for excellent, cheap suits.

peterfile
    Free Member

I’ve seen loads, of varying quality.

You’re probably better off (and cheaper) to pick an off the peg suit you like and then just take it to a decent tailor/alterations place near you and spend a wee bit getting it to fit properly. That’s what I always do (save for a recent trip to Hoi An where I found it just to difficult to resist some fully tailored stuff 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

To clarify: I had an idea I would support my high street tailor so asked him if he would make me a suit. My goodwill turned out to be misplaced when the whole exercise turned into a pain in the backside, took many many weeks of frustration and excuses and I ended up with a suit that didn’t look very good.

partyboy1101
    Free Member

Not exactly what you’re looking for but Slaters Menswear in Leeds have an in-house tailor who will do a lot more than the standard leg and sleeve adjustments at no additional costs over the suit itself.

I’ve had £75-£100 suits adjusted to change jacket shape and narrow the trouser legs which has required him to take the suit apart and re-make, all in the suit price.

nealglover
    Free Member

My Brother may be able to help, he does bespoke/made to measure in Leeds/York/Harrogate.

You can visit his showroom or he can come to you.

I won’t advertise on here as I presume it’s not allowed.

But if you email me (nealglover at gmail dot com) I can sort you out his details for you.

MS
    Free Member

Go to Slaters Menswear. They will get a suit to fit and have free altering.

bearnecessities

Thanks all; every time I go into Slaters they don’t have what I want, but maybe I should try a bit harder if they include that level of adjustment; that’s pretty impressive.

Neal, cheers. I’ll drop you an email.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Bespoke needs lots of fittings as no base pattern is used it really is a ‘tailor made’ suit and not something you can do online. i think you mean made to measure.

bearnecessities

I probably do; not got any track record in this area so thanks for the correction. 😀

woody74

I have had a few suits from these guys and they were very good

http://www.raja-fashions.com

Fit was great and personably I would never buy an off the peg suit again. I would also say there is a massive difference between fully bespoke suit and one that has been altered. I have tried both and full bespoke is so much better. The one thing that is worth knowing in advance is what material you want as they will show you hundreds and hundreds of material swatches.

stewartc
    Free Member

+1 for Raja Fashions

Very good service and I have 2 suits from them I still use now but very expensive compared with other tailors in Hong Kong, however, still cheaper then travelling there in person.
    Also recommend myTailor.com, used them a couple of times and one of my riding buddies is a tailor there.

Bespoke if always worth the extra little hassle, especially for shirts.

bearnecessities

Well that’s odd!

*reported*

russianbob
    Free Member

I’d take a trip to see Raymond Andrews in Far Headingley. Just pas Woodies heading towards the ring road. I’ve had three tailor made off him for between £300-£400. Admittedly this was a few years back, but worth checking out in my opinion.

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^ reported FYI

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bespoke suits (online)’ is closed to new replies.