Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bespoke head tube badge..
  • gooner69

Hiya, im trying to find someone/someway of getting headtube badges cut to my designs in alu or ti.
    It is a fairly complex pattern that has been hand drawn but could be supplied in a digital format.
    Any ideas or suggestions guys?

Thanks in advance

Tony

nedrapier

Geoff Moorhouse is your man. Google him. Plus “badge”, why not.

gooner69

Thanks Ned, I knew STW would come up with something:)

rOcKeTdOg
    TheDoctor
    Free Member

Another + for Geoff Moorhouse, he did a nice one off headbadge for me, quality was very high

nedrapier

Yup, and me. the dekerf one in the bottom middle on the main page was done from my digital file. I could only find low res image, so I had to vector file it, clean it up, add the border. I really wanted in pewter (or other silvery stuff) and copper, which he couldn’t do, then I figured I could copper plate pewter, then polish the the raised portion back to bare pewter.

Geoff told me the finish would be better on the machined magnesium than cast pewter, and it would be a lot cheaper. But I was set on this plating idea, so I got him to do it in pewter (takes plating better, and less prone to galvanic corrosion with the copper) Happy with the results, but I haven’t got round to getting the chemistry set out yet! 😳 Gone for black pen for the moment (ahem, “moment” is now 2 years and counting!) Next year…

Very patient and accommodating chap.

belugabob
    Free Member

Might be worth checking out this guy

EDIT: Geoff Moorhouse looks good…

gooner69

Wow, thanks to all. Some real talented people around.

🙂

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Suzanne Carlson of Carl&Rose http://carlandrose.com/product-type/for-pedals/#custom-headbadge-gallery
    Absolutely outstanding, skilled work. I have one made by her which is a cutout of a Welsh mountain scene (taken from a photo). Also check out all their other, handmade, stuff – well worth a look.

bobbyspangles

another one for Geoff.
    made me a one off design and it rocks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bespoke head tube badge..’ is closed to new replies.