• This topic has 28 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Bespoke decals- anyone had their own decals made up?- recommendations?
  • hora
    Free Member

Having the frame resprayed but also thinking- what if I used a different font for the downtube stickers etc (obviously professional job).

Anyone?

oldfart

I know this isn't going to be a lot of help but here goes anyway .Someone on here made me some a while back made a good job as well .Reasonable price can't remember his name but he might be along later .Sorry big help i know 😀

geoffj

gil_m is the guy you want at the cycle shed?

http://www.thecycleshed.co.uk/tshirts.html

hopster
    Free Member

these guys can help. They produce them for Argos in Bristol.

tinsy
    Free Member

Open up a word document and have a play with the availiable fonts sizes and layouts etc, print a few off and check its the right size for your tubes and where you want it laid on the bike, when your happy with it fill the A4 up with your graphics and take the file on a stick to any sign shop and they will print them out in any colour you choose for around £20…

If you want anything trickier than just writing like flames or something you might need a graphic designer pal to help out, and obviously the more colour combinations etc you go for will affect the price..

Gil M

hilldodger
    Free Member

what if I used a different font for the downtube stickers etc

It will look gash, like someone sprayed up 'N E Other' frame and then tried to make it look bling with some looky-likey stickers….

…..also wouldn't help the resale value, unless you're sure it will be a keeper don't do it 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

Hey check these guys out, http://slikgraphics.com/

hora
    Free Member

Nice bangers 8)

tinsy
    Free Member

wow the silkgraphics stuff really is going the full mile, look great.

slimtubing
    Free Member

paging onion to the forum, show us yer downtube.

slowrider
    Free Member

is this for the 4x hora? what colour you done it? slikgraphics look ace, good luck getting a reply though…

hora
    Free Member

is this for the 4x hora?

Not a chance. I wouldnt mess with that stunner.

Its for the 456. Having it resprayed RAL5018 (no danger of On One releasing that colour!).

Is this cheesy? I was thinking of my nickname in the style of On One. Or….how about:

felattio bikes

flamejob
    Free Member

Oooh those silkgraphics stickers are giving me wallet emptying ideas.

Fop
    Free Member

Had these guys recommended to me by a Brit working for Commencal in Andorra. Said he'd used them before for Motorbike decals.

http://www.the-image-works.co.uk

tinsy
    Free Member

yes its cheesy as hell what idiot would do such a thing….. mine was £25 for enough for 3 bikes 😳

mamadirt
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Is this cheesy? I was thinking of my nickname in the style of On One.

Gil did mine too . . .

Prob the only reason it's still with me after nearly 4 years 😯 is that the decals have been lacquered over.

hora
    Free Member

Hi Mamadirt- I mean the downtube 😀

We were talking about you in the pub on sat (in a nice way of course)- how many bikes do you currently own??

hora
    Free Member

Do you have Gil M's contact details? Edit- seen above (do'h).

hora
    Free Member

Using this as a guide (not mine)- what colour (block caps) decals would you suggest?

markyboy
    Free Member

ive got a set of one one 456 decals if you are still after a set!

hora
    Free Member

I was hoping to rename it something else. Maybe Felattio cycles is abit cheesy…hmm

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Looks much better plain without stickers. My bikes get all the gash stickers removed. simple and plain is classy.

hora
    Free Member

TJ surely you'd want a Union mantra in fine font on yours? Maybe a Bob Crow quote in italics?

I've decided on 'Bingo Bikes'

bassspine
    Free Member

i thought it was spelled FELLATIO

hora
    Free Member

Fellow riders could think Im offering them out 😕

Here you go TJ. You could put this on your downtube:
    “There needs to be four times as many track inspectors.”

Underhill
    Free Member

Please don't go with Felattio Cycles, it really blows.

tinsy
    Free Member

Just re read the first post I did, you can just play about in bazillions of different fonts straight off your pc, or even make your own up, then print them out on paper to make sure your sizing is right on the frame… When your happy choose your colour from the myriad of choices at the sign shop and give them the file off your memory stick… Voila, tasteless bespoke graphics. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Hmmmmm Felattio Cycles

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Bespoke decals- anyone had their own decals made up?- recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.