Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bespoke Bristol moving to Lea Valley ??????
  • Edric64
    Free Member

According to Facebook its moving to the Lea Valley velodrome ? No good for me living in Bath.Now a nice ride or 20 mins on the train is a slog to poxy London ,not good

clubber
    Free Member

No but would no doubt make sense if you look at concentrations of hipsters 🙂

Leku
    Free Member

Real shame as it was a class night out. But then I live in Bristol.

mrmo
    Free Member

The reason is the scale of the event, the cost, and more importantly they have physically changed the building in Bristol so it can not be held there anymore.

Secondhand what i have been told was Phil’s thinking was that London is where something like this is most cost effective where the venues are etc, i believed he was looking at the Velodrome, so…

Candodavid
    Free Member

rats, that’s an expensive day out now

Nipper99
    Free Member

Thats a real shame and is certainly too far for me to travel, from Wales. 2hrs to Bristol but London way to far. Shame as i really enjoyed this show.

Edric64
    Free Member

I can see why ,im just bloody selfish its a nice ride on the path from Bath or 20 minutes on the train !!

mattsccm
    Free Member

Bugger.
    Not for me any more. Its not just the distance but the associate cost.
    Add to that the niceness of Bristol rather than the nastiness of London.
    Money, that’s all.

mick_r

Having visited last year and exhibited this year, I can fully understand the move. And I’d imagine London isn’t exactly convenient for Phil either!

Nice as the current venue is / was, another year would probably have got a bit “samey”. The new venue sounds pretty special so will be a timely refresh. Also makes it feasible for anyone coming a serious distance from Scotland / Northern England to get there by train (Bristol was almost impossible).

rOcKeTdOg

great shame, but it was so busy this year that i’d sort of decided not to go next year anyway. London? maybe

tang
    Free Member

I had tea with Phil Taylor, the organiser, the other day. It will be at the olympic velodrome in April. Size is one thing but the venue in Bristol is going through all sorts of changes, poss being sold etc. So a new venue had to be found. Apparently lots of interest from US builders this year….

andyl
    Free Member

I just saw this on FB too.

Shame but does give more people to enjoy the show and maybe they could move it around the country each year to give more people a chance to visit? Hosting at a venue with cycling significance is a great idea, they could do a tour of UK velodromes.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bespoke Bristol moving to Lea Valley ??????’ is closed to new replies.