Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Berocca – any good
  • iainc

seen some posts about this stuff.

http://www.berocca.co.uk/

so what is the consensus ? any good ?

julesf7
    Free Member

Wonderful stuff… I travel quite a bit for work, lecturing abroad with a 7 hour time difference straight off a flight (in cattle class). Getting up at midnight UK time to talk for 6-9 hours is tough, but Berocca certainly makes it easier. The vitamins just give me the kick start I need, caffeine takes over…

magowen100
    Free Member

I used it after comming home from hospital after a serious illness. Can’t say it did anything but it did give me a positive feeling. By that I mean I doubt it did much physiologically but I felt good about taking it. Turns your wee an amazing colour…..

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Its worth it just for making your piss illuminous, slashing in the dark has never been more fun ! 😛

binners

Its great stuff. A bit of a revaluation really when you’re not at your best. Its just a massive dose of vitamins.

Everywhen
    Free Member

My brother reckons its great for a hangover, usually with some Rennies.
    Saying that I like it and have one after a workout.

iainc

so is it a one a day thing, or just ‘on demand’ ?

Rockplough
    Free Member

I’ve been trying it for the last month or so. Can’t honestly say I’ve noticed any difference to when I was taking ordinary multi vitamins.

b_man
    Free Member

I like it, mainly just for the taste but I’m sure they are good for you. A work mate saw them on my desk and immediately opened the tube and started chewing one, needless to say he was foaming at the mouth a fair bit…

maxray
    Free Member

lol at b_man 😀

I started taking them to ward off a cold which, possibly by coincidence never materialised so I am converted.

Illuminous piss is ace but remembe rits about 700% of your RDA of vit c so if you take them for a while and then stop your body will have given up creating vit c itself.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

It makes me constipated.

tomhughes46

Sainsbury’s version is about £1.30 for 20 tablets.

The Tesco and Asda version is vile.

woody2000

max – we don’t make Vit C in the body. Most of the Vit C in Berocca will be p*ssed out, and there’s little or no evidence to suggest high doses have any benefit anyway (may even be harmful)

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

So its just vitamins? Pissing money down the drain then? Unless you live on just chips … in fact you’d be better of just eating fruit in order to get some fibre and avoid arse cancer …

Illuminous piss is ace but remembe rits about 700% of your RDA of vit c so if you take them for a while and then stop your body will have given up creating vit c itself.

Your body does not make any vitamin c at all. You have to ingest it.

maxray
    Free Member

Hmm I thought I read that in stw magazine (fitness article) .. will have to dig the issue out and re check.

iainc

hmmmmm…..not convinced to buy it yet !

woody2000

iain – as adh says, almost without fail, a healthy human, with a reasonable diet, will get all the nutrients they need from food. Multi-vits and the like just play on the human need to always “feel better”. Don’t buy into it!! 🙂

Snake oil I say!

Max – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_C

GrahamS

A work mate saw them on my desk and immediately opened the tube and started chewing one, needless to say he was foaming at the mouth a fair bit

Wait.. are you supposed to eat them? I’ve been shoving them up my arse.

😉

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Hmm I thought I read that in stw magazine (fitness article)

Don’t believe everythign you read 🙂

IIRC humans are pretty adept at recovering vit c by metabolisimg the oxidised product. Obviously it down’t need to bother if dietry intake is good enough (as it will be in most western diets), but it won’t ‘forget’ how to do that.

maxray
    Free Member

iainc – thanks

tomhughes46

I think it has helped my avoid a lot of coughs and colds that my nearest and dearest have suffered.

I am also very aware of the power of the placebo, but all the time it appears to work I’m gonna keep taking it (well Sainsbury’s Energise or whatever they call it). I can piss far more than £2.50 a month away down the pub… I am aware that a good diet would probably be better but I can’t cook!

I think from memory, the levels of vit C etc. are just below what the Daily Mail perceive to be dangerous, so it must be safe!*

*(This comment is intended to be tongue in cheek before anyone gets worried)

tomhughes46

I can image that being a very bizarre sensation, and you might have problems with retention…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

aware that a good diet would probably be better but I can’t cook!

That’s OK. If you heat it up, you’ll just oxidise it, so you’re best off just eating fresh fruit raw 🙂

b_man
    Free Member

[quote]
    I can image that being a very bizarre sensation, and you might have problems with retention…[/quote]

Sounds like a new fetish you’ve just invented

rhys
    Free Member

When I first heard of it it was my Scottish mates who were championing it,think “would ye care fer e berawka?”. Led ne to the conclusion that it was in effect “Scottish Fruit” to fit with the rest of the rest of the stereotypical Scottish diet

bol

Sorts my wife’s PMT out a treat. Can’t recommend it enough for that alone. 😀

spacemonkey

Me and a couple of workmates gave it a go for a fortnight or so about 5 years ago. Did nothing whatsoever for either of us. Nothing more than expensive neon cordial.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

dredging up an old thread but in case it helps anyone…

don’t buy berocca. look in boots (next to beroca generally) and they have their own brand version called something like ‘energise’. if you compare make up its got more dosage than berocca and is quite a bit cheaper.

its great stuff. i’ve traditionally suffered with colds all winter and ‘touch wood’ since starting to regularly down this stuff and boosting my vit b intake i rarely get one.

its also great for a hangover.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yep, I use the Boots stuff too. It’s pretty cheap and good for comedy wee a while after drinking (colouring is Beetroot based, but drink is orange). No idea if it works tbh but it’s a good way for me to get some of my RDAs in without worrying too much.

fisha
    Free Member

i’ll look into the boots one.

as for berocca, yeah, i use it from time to time … but only when I am feeling a little poor for a longer period of time

but i also think echninacea tincture ( not extract ) does wonders too as a wee boost.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Berocca – any good’ is closed to new replies.