Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bernard Cribbins (not dead btw!)
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Holy ****! He’s 87!

On HIGNFY tonight, and he’s as sharp as any of em. Bravo sir.

rOcKeTdOg

Was Joe Cocker on it too?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Naw, he’s deid man.

chorlton
    Free Member

It feels like he’s been around for ever. We love Old Jack’s Boat here. Salty dog and me 🙂

grtdkad

He’s an ex-Para too.

Such a brilliant bloke!

bikebouy
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5XX9LX2es4[/video]

loddrik
    Free Member

I used to bloody hate him when I was a kid. Only as you get older do you appreciate how good people are. Same for Richard Briers.

mrsfry
    Free Member

He’s responsible for death of David Tennet 🙁

I will never forgive him.

Straightliner

He seemed old when I was watching children’s programmes as a youngster, yet doesn’t seem much different now on Old Jack’s Boat. I really like his narration/voice, it’s all very soothing.

GrahamS

He’s responsible for death of David TennetTennant

..but he was quite upset about it..

MrSmith
    Free Member

There I was diggin this ole, great big ole in the ground…..

sandwicheater

He made my wife cry!!

To be fair to him, she’d just had a baby and was all over the place with hormones. She’s been watching Old Jack’s Boat with our three year old and 2 week old. Episode was all about how his wife died and how lonely he felt.

I come walk in to a wall of tears. She didn’t know why she was crying, sandwicheater jnr was crying because mum was sad and baby sandwicheater was crying because that’s her hobby it would appear.

Should have just turned around and cycled back to work. Turns out laughing at everyone was the wrong thing to do.

GrahamS

To be fair that episode made me cry too.

wwaswas

No one does tragedy better than a comedian, imo.

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

A fine actor as well. Check out his performance in the Fawlty Towers episode The Hotel Inspectors.

Bimbler
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJbJjn98Ngw[/video]

munrobiker
    Free Member

We stumbled upon the filming of the title sequence of Old Jack’s Boat on our honeymoon (we like going to exotic places…).

It involved Old Jack rolling a ball across a little bridge for the dog to chase. The ball went off the bridge and Old Jack went “bollocks”. I’d like to think it was Cribbins and made the final edit, but it turned out to be a stunt double and funnily enough it didn’t make it through to children’s telly.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Bimbler beat me too it, his appearance on Buzzcocks was a thing of wonder and magic. ‘On paper’ he had no right being there, it should have been cringe-worthy, he should have seemed like a lost old man wondering what the hell was going on – but it was simply sublime silliness.

niksnr
    Free Member

Wasn’t he in ‘the Water Babies’?

niksnr
    Free Member

……..”..and didn’t he sing ‘Right said Fred’?

EDIT : D’oh, bikebuoy beat me to it!!

donald
    Free Member

Right said Fred for the 21st century NSFW – sweary

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFRdzFjnUiE[/video]

theboyneeds
    Free Member

He loves in Weybridge, Surrey and my driving instructor taught him. And Nannette Newman. And my mum. And amazingly John Lennon.

He was quite old and retired soon after i passed my test 25 yrs ago. (Driving instructor not Bernard Cribbins)

I hope you found my morsel of Bernard Cribbins trivia enjoyable.

I also have equally interesting anecdotes about Anne Diamond, Cilla Black, and Robbie Williams should they be required.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bernard Cribbins (not dead btw!)’ is closed to new replies.