Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • berlingo questions
  • lookmanohands
    Free Member

So am poised to hopefully get my hands on a berlingo multispace (2nd hand) got my eyes peeled for either a 2.0 hdi or a 1.6 hdi. Not gonna have a huge budget but it seems I can get a high mileage one for reasonable money, is there anything other than the obvious I should look out for? Ta

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

1.6 will be a later model. Better power and mpg than the 2.0. I searched high and low for one with aircon.

tang
    Free Member

how cool are we gonna be rockin up in our lingos.
    the one ive got(desire 1.6 hdi/with ac) has roof light widows which collect condensation and drip all over the seats, plus its a bit plastic and rattly. 1.6hdi is fairly gutless on the mway but fine nipping round the valleys, but as you know i love it, and its well handy for carting stuff about in. not a bad wood van either 😉
    think there was a thread on here recently. welcome to come over and check this one over.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

@tang, didn’t realise yours was just what I’m after, £2000, and you don’t need to tell the employers where it went. 8)

mc
    Free Member

If you go for a 1.6, make sure it’s been well serviced and had regular oil changes with the correct oil, as there are issues with carbon/slidge build up with 1.6s, which leads to turbo failure, and a very expensive bill to strip/clean the engine to prevent the same happening again.

tang
    Free Member

not working much this week so come on over if you like. or i might take a wander your way….

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Tang ygm.

MrGreedy

AC is essential IMO, there’s a lot of glass so it’s like a greenhouse in summer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘berlingo questions’ is closed to new replies.