Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Berlin
  • oddjob
    Free Member

We’re having a weekend without the kids and going to Berlin.

I haven’t been there before so I want to see the Brandenberg gate, Checkpoint Charlie and the parliament building.

Is there anything else we mustn’t miss? (can include culinary delights as well:-))

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

We did a boat trip on the canals for a couple of hours, a good way to see bits fo the city – got bored half way through & walked back through the big park in the centre though.

You could always see if Barclay James Harvest are playing (but you need to be of a certain age for that) 🙂

There is plenty to see, the misses was working so I spent most of a day just ambling around, amazing the work going on – I had last been before the wall came down and was quite confused when walking to Checkpoint Charlie but approaching from the wrong side

Kurferstendam (spelling?) is worth walking through

winstonsmith

checkpoint charlie is a nasty tourist trap. should take 5 mins and no more…

more interesting things – the jewish museum, the holocaust memorial, the ddr museum.

on a more cheery note, you can hire bikes all over the place and there’s organised tours you can go on.

the east side gallery?

drink beer

DrJ

Helmut Newton museum.

mossimus
    Free Member

The Stasi museum. Drive a trabant.

grum
    Free Member

This thread may be of interest – http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/whos-been-to-berlin-then

I ended up postponing my trip, going in November now.

avdave2

The Jewish Museum is a must if the “installation / sculpture” Fallen Leaves is still there. I’ve never seen any piece of art which comes close to it for the effect it had on me – I’ve just looked at some photos of it and – don’t really know what to say just go.

The Radison Blu Hotel is worth popping into to see the fish tank.

An the Opernpalais on Unter Den Linden has an amazing cake collection.

BoardinBob

Berghain 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ll ask MrsBouy, she used to live there for a few years.. Keeps going on about how good the place is, but I’ve stopped listening now..hahaha

Duggan

If it’s a nice day then a walk down the Spree to Tiergarten (like Central Park but even bigger) is nice. Or you can do a boat ride there.

Not sure if you’re planning on going out drinking or clubbing but the area around Schlessises Tor in Kreuzberg has amazing bars and clubs, really cool place.

Even if that’s not your thing you’ll have an ace time, Berlin is easily my favourite place I’ve been to- it’s awesome.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Berlin’ is closed to new replies.