• This topic has 20 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jsync.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Berghaus vapour storm for biking?
  • matthewmountain
    Free Member

On paper this looks like almost the ultimate biking jacket. Active shell with added vents, light weight and waterproof and a reasonable price if you shop around. But what is it really like when it’s covered in mud? Can you just chuck it in the washing machine so its clean for the next round?

Or is it only really any good straight out of the pack, before the mud gets to it?

tymbian
    Free Member

Shirley you’ld be better off with a cycling specific one for that money..longer back, helmet friendly hood, thumb loops etc..

matther01
    Free Member

Apparently these are pretty good for mtb’ing. Ordered one from sportspursuit and awaiting delivery. Thought this did have a hood big enough to cover a helmet (depending on how big it is…finaar finaar) and has thumb loops?

shredder
    Free Member
    cyclistm
    Free Member

Interested in that haglofs anyone got one??

dknwhy

I’ve ordered a Berghaus one from SP too. If it’s anywhere near as good as my Temperance 2 jacket, I’ll be happy…

Lazymike
    Free Member

I’d been considering getting one of the Vapour Storms. I haven’t pressed the button yet but a certain other biking website gave it a very good review here

darkslider
    Free Member

Am I alone in thinking there’s no way I’d wear a £230 jacket on the bike?

cyclistm
    Free Member

Nope, me too. that’s why I just ordered the Haglofs, thanks shredder

matther01
    Free Member

It’s not £230…but £114. The hagloff did look good but only L and XL.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Why not just order an army surplus goretex for 40 quid, fall off rip it who cares at that price

MSP

Why not just wear a binbag, that’s even cheaper 🙄

MussEd
    Free Member

I’ve got the vapour from a sale on SP last year. It works well. Gore AS seems to be good stuff. Stood me in good stead over last winter. And a few very wet days since.Really lightweight and easily packable. Have I noticed lack of thumb loops? I can’t say I have.

MussEd
    Free Member

Go topless?

shredder
    Free Member

Ive had the Haglofs Endo jacket (also Active shell) for a few years now and its been superb. Thought the above looked similar.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Well the Haglofs jacket arrived and its a great looking bit of kit. Really light and minamilist with a great fit. Thanks again shredder

jsync

Hi,

Did anyone get the vapor storm from sport pursuit? What’s the verdict? Ho does it size up.

Cheers,

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Did anyone get the vapor storm from sport pursuit? What’s the verdict? Ho does it size up.

I got one of the 2013 models from SP earlier in the year, bought for biking in.

The cut is slim, and doesn’t flop around or catch the wind. Venting is pretty good for a fully waterproof jacket. It’s got internal thumb loops if you want them. I certainly haven’t missed the longer back typical on cycling specific jackets. Washed in the washing machine once so far with Nikwax and no problems getting all the mud and stuff off. Top jacket if you can get it for less than the RRP.

jsync

Thanks for the reply whatnobeer, what size did you go for and what’s your vital statistics?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’m 5′ 7″, 36″ chest, roadie build. Went for a small and it fits me like a glove. Just enough room underneath for a riding top and thicker 2nd layer if you need it.

jsync

OK, so all things being equal I should be in the same boat as you with a medium at 39″. Think I’ll give it a try.

http://www.berghaus.com/sizeguide-mens-jackets.html

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Berghaus vapour storm for biking?’ is closed to new replies.