Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • BeOne bikes
  • ollybus
    Free Member

New to the forum and looking for a bit of advice regarding BeOne bikes.
    I’m in the market for a cheap commuter bike that can double as a weekend trail bike. Budget around £350. BeOnes are currently being sold through Merlin cycles at a whopping 53% discount and seem to be alot of bang for the buck when compared to the Halford’s Voodoo Hoodoo, Spesh Hardrock and Cannondale Trail 6 that i’ve been looking at. £269 buys the Sport with an Acera groupset and £349 bags the Comp fitted with Deore. The only downsides as far as I can see are the RST fork and flat bars. Thinking of going for the cheaper ‘Sport’ and saving to upgrade the bars and fork asap.
    As I understand it these are 2013 bikes being sold as clearance but with warranty.

bikeneil
    Free Member

What was the question?

ollybus
    Free Member

Just wanted to know if anyone had any experience of the brand, good or bad. Not a company I’ve heard of. Should I go for it or stick to the better known brands?

pinetree
    Free Member

Thing is, its all standard kit hung off a very generic (basic) frame, so it almost doesn’t matter what you go for. At that pricepoint they’ll all be much of a muchness.
    If I were you though, I’d go for the higher spec model of the two, as it sounds like it already has better forks, right?
    Forks ain’t cheap, and the £80 you’d save by going for the cheap model won’t get you very far towards an upgrade. If you’re taking it offroad at the weekends, you’d be better off spending that wee bit extra now, than a few hundred quid in 6 months time when you’ve trashed the original (basic) kit.

mos

I bought a CRD sport for £385? to build as a ss commuter.
    Not bad bikes, but i ditched the 6lb forks & put some on-one monocoque rigids on. With rocket ron’s run tubeless it weights 22lbs.
    Selling the forks & drivetrain on ebay just about covered the cost of the new forks.
    Perfectly acceptable bike.

devash
    Free Member

I think they’ll be fine. These frames are all made in the same factories in Taiwan anyhow, Specialized, Giant, Trek, the lot, so I wouldn’t worry about frame quality.

ollybus
    Free Member

Thanks for the help guys. Pinetree I think the frame and fork is the same on both bikes, just higher spec drivetrain.
    Probably Wont get much off road use as I have an SS and full sus trail bike already. Was planong on going the CX route but you can never have enough mountain bikes right?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘BeOne bikes’ is closed to new replies.