Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bent Crank Arm
  • Highland28
    Free Member

Hi All,
    I bought some 2012 XT Cranks from Rosebikes last Sept, and was really liking them. However, I had a small crash, and I mean small, slipped on some ice on a route round Inners Red XC route and the L/H crank arm appears to have been bent. Its not massively bent but it is noticeable when you are riding the bike. What are my option, having had a look at a replacement arm from Madison but that would be £90!!!! Which is a bit much IMO considering i paid £130 for the cranks, I dont want to have to buy some new cranks. Would it be worth emailing anyone or will they just pass it off? Or would it be possible to get it bent back?

Many thanks for any advice.

matthew_h
    Free Member

It’s not a manufacturing defect, it’s damage you’ve caused. Unfortunately, you’ll just have to suck it up imo

andyl
    Free Member

buy a new set and sell the rings, BB and other crank arm, bound to be someone who has stripped a pedal thread or something. Will probably end up costing you very little tbh.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Check it’s not the pedal.

Highland28
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Al I initially thought it was the pedal so changed the axle in it for a new one. But no luck unfortunately. Andy, that is my last resort really.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bent Crank Arm’ is closed to new replies.